Bottega Veneta coloring problems!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello, I used wet wipes for face and hands to clean my Bottega Veneta Marie bag in butterscotch colour and that’s what happened! Did somebody have the same problem? Maybe you know the solution. I’m in panick now.

2. Here’s the picture of what happened to it.

Attached Files:

3. Is the bag still wet on this picture? Or is it dried?

From what i've heard, ppl recommend Nivea Baby soft wet wipes. They used to be called "Soft & Care" (used them long time ago on beige leather jacket with success)
    [​IMG]
    Source: beautycosmetic.biz

Now i see they've changed to " Soft and Cream", i'm not sure if they are the same thing now.
    [​IMG]
    Source: immashopping.com

4. I would never use anything with cream or oil !! Especially who knows what's in those face wipes ... next time invest in an expensive leather cleaner/conditioner :heart:

5. I’m so sorry. I was in such a panick because I first time experienced something like it with my bag. After half an hour it’s okay. I really thought that I ruined my bag (changed the colour, put some dirt on it etc). So it was just wet Right now it looks like on the photo below.
    Thank you everybody for your help.
    So much sorry for my panick

Attached Files:

papertiger likes this.
  6. From my experience it looked wet. Light colour leather does look like that at first when you use wet wipes. I'm glad it's fine now.

I agree, you should get appropriate leather cleaner and conditioner.

7. What "people"? The staff at Bottega Veneta?

RTone likes this.
  8. ^ No, not the staff at Bottega Veneta.

Sorry, my bad, i wasn't precise, ppl as "ppl on the internet" (when you need a quick fix for a problem, and you google possible solutions).
    I'm not saying wet wipes are ok, they are far from that. But i had success with Nivea ones.

9. This. Wet wipes aren't meant for leathers.

jbags07, RTone and JenJBS like this.
  10. btw, can we see a full photo of this stunning bag!!? thehe dying to see it :heart:

jbags07 and RTone like this.
  11. Thank you for your replies! I will definitely buy good leather cleaner So here’s a photo of the bag.

Attached Files:

12. This leather is very resistible to scratches though it’s very smooth but linings become dirty after some time. You can see it in the picture. I bought the bag in December and I don’t know how to clear it now.

Attached Files: