Bottega Shoes Not Comfortable At All

Perhaps my problem is more stiffness than tightness in my other BV shoes.

I am so happy it worked for you. I did the exact same thing as you but I did not saturate it fully. Perhaps I should. The cobbler was really nice and remembered my red shoes that I asked him to help stretch. He offered to help soften the back of the shoes + stretching this time round but he needs me to do my part of wearing the shoes daily. *I hope I do not need anymore band aids.

I am so happy it worked for you. I did the exact same thing as you but I did not saturate it fully. Perhaps I should. The cobbler was really nice and remembered my red shoes that I asked him to help stretch. He offered to help soften the back of the shoes + stretching this time round but he needs me to do my part of wearing the shoes daily. *I hope I do not need anymore band aids.

I hope it goes well for you. It sounds like you have it under control. I carry bandaids in my BV “health pouch”...along with a nail file, sinus medicine, dental floss, toothbrush & tooth paste, etc.....basically anything I’d need to get me through a mini-apocalypse ....or a whole day away from the house. I never seem to need anything...except when I don’t have the pouch with me! :nuts:

Coastal Couture told me about this product. I had forgotten about it. I haven’t tried it yet...I guess once it arrived, I put it away and forgot about it . No BV today, as it’s raining. I’m going to try it when I can wear a stiff pair of shoes. Septembersirens post reminded me.....
image.jpg

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
It’s good advice. Why do I fail to heed it when it comes to shoes?:sad: However, I don’t buy pants that are too small so I guess I’m “one for two” in the fit arena....:confused1:
Because they’re SHOES dahling... gorgeous fabulous beautifully crafted shoes. The only time I did not take my own advice was with these Ferragamos. I fell in love with the tortoise colored lucite heels. Unfortch each shoe weighs about 2.5lbs (seriously) and they’re my “sit pretty at the table” shoes. I don’t think I’ve ever worn them outside :lol:
B8233671-0550-43C7-8BE3-53DD9692812D.jpeg

PS: those blister sticks are great.

Because they’re SHOES dahling... gorgeous fabulous beautifully crafted shoes. The only time I did not take my own advice was with these Ferragamos. I fell in love with the tortoise colored lucite heels. Unfortch each shoe weighs about 2.5lbs (seriously) and they’re my “sit pretty at the table” shoes. I don’t think I’ve ever worn them outside :lol:
View attachment 3984409

Then they’re not “shoes”, they’re now art.

View attachment 3984409

By the way, in defense of our beloved BV, perhaps you could occasionally place a BV bag in a “sit pretty on the table” place reserved specifically for bags......

I’ve had only one pair of boots, they were beautiful but too rigid and I decided to sell them.
Just put on two or three times and realized that it’s not good for me. I have some problems with my knees, so I can only wear comfortable shoes.
Probably that was a fault of specific model (a sort of cavalry boots) and specific type of leather, but when I walked I felt pressing and pain on the ankles, and it was unbearable.

They are so gorgeous what a shame.

They remind me of Hermes' Land Boots of which I have 2 pairs in different leathers. I find these really comfortable. If you like the look maybe you could check if any stores carry a pair (I haven't seen them for a while but H used to carry them every year in different versions).

will i get stones thrown at me for saying that BV dodgers/sneakers are my best evah purchased shoes??
i have Barolo with leather lining, Ardoise and Fume with fabric, 2 pairs of espadrilles in Brighton and Silver, plus one pair of white sandals (rarely worn due to sandy ground, white was a wrong colour choice) and insanely high (15 cm, or so) brogues, plus Nero slip-on sandals and i basically live in them... you can tell from my 'in action' shots :biggrin:

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I
will i get stones thrown at me for saying that BV dodgers/sneakers are my best evah purchased shoes??
i have Barolo with leather lining, Ardoise and Fume with fabric, 2 pairs of espadrilles in Brighton and Silver, plus one pair of white sandals (rarely worn due to sandy ground, white was a wrong colour choice) and insanely high (15 cm, or so) brogues, plus Nero slip-on sandals and i basically live in them... you can tell from my 'in action' shots :biggrin:

I wish I could wear the sneakers. I tried. They reminded me of a woven version of Vans. But ithey didn’t work for me. The left foot liked them but my right foot didn’t. I also loved the embroidered loafer but ran into the same thing. But the espadrilles....so soft even my right foot is happy. :yes:

Reactions: ksuromax
So envious. Honestly, all of your pics in the "What Handbag/Purse Are You Carrying Today?!" thread are part of what motivated me to get a pair because they always look so incredibly comfy.

Unfortunately for me, my foot is different and I can't wear them for extended periods of time. Oh, well, the search continues for my perfect comfy, casual shoe.

Reactions: ksuromax