Bottega SCARVES

A friend gave me a velvet Bottega scarf for my BD last year. I have never seen any BV cash or silk types. I do loves me some Loro Piana cashmere! Hermes isn't too shabby, either. :graucho:

Last edited:
I have to agree that I love the LP. (Just bought a cashmere coat from them today!!!) But I haven't seen any BV scarves in real life so I can't say anything about them. DH and I are going to SF for a long weekend in the next few months. I'll be sure to stop by the store- it will be first BV store! I'm already saving money.

I love couturequeen's gorgeous cashmere scarf here, and kat4 has another beautiful one here too.

Last time I visited the NYC boutique, an SA said they don't have any scarves/shawls...:sad: I really want to see one IRL.

^ *LOL* No when you come to H and scarves, that is pretty much where it ends. But I have made a detour to Loro P for some heavy cashmere shawls and I love them something fierce. Hermes Cashmere GM is gold but nothing beats Loro P if you need something real.

Didn't mean to get off topic here, just wanted to say that Couturequeen's scarf looks great. I wouldn't mind one.

Here is my one BV scarf. It is made from a printed silk velvet. And as I found out today, nearly impossible to photograph. The actual colors of the scarf are as follows: base color is navy blue (although there isn't a hint of that in the pics). The crossing lines you see in the background are black. The scroll design is metallic gold. Size is 13" x 54". I received this as a gift, it was purchased at Saks. Silk velvet has a sheen and it really catches the light. The color is very even, but you'd never know that from my pics.

Silk velvet is a really nice fabric. The pile is about 3mm and is does have a nap. The rayon viscose is the backing of the velvet. I once ordered 30 yards of white silk velvet from Pakistan when I had dreams of making hand dyed silk scarves, and incorporating strips into weavings. Oy! Here are the pics....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bvscarf.jpg
    bvscarf.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 2,350
  • bvscarf1.jpg
    bvscarf1.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 2,354
  • bvscarf2.jpg