Bottega padded cassette in caramel: thoughts?

fuschiapeony

Jun 13, 2014
I received the bottega padded cassette in caramel today (calfskin leather). It’s gorgeous. However I noticed these creases on both sides of the bag where the straps are located/ stitched to the inside of the bag. The creases are on the exterior. Would this bother you? Should I keep it or return it (knowing that I won’t find this bag in calfskin leather, since they’re all made in lambskin now)?

42A38CC8-B693-4EB7-9894-A2D4E334531F.jpeg

indiaink

Well, that didn't last long.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I received the bottega padded cassette in caramel today (calfskin leather). It’s gorgeous. However I noticed these creases on both sides of the bag where the straps are located/ stitched to the inside of the bag. The creases are on the exterior. Would this bother you? Should I keep it or return it (knowing that I won’t find this bag in calfskin leather, since they’re all made in lambskin now)?

View attachment 4862296
It looks like this is where the strap will push against the leather, which is a natural material, and would be prone to creasing. If it severely bothers you, no choice but to return it. However, if you are in the area of a BV store, check in with them to see what they recommend. This is a design issue, not the leather's fault.

Reactions: 880 and RT1
Jul 7, 2006
CA
Off topic but I just discovered this bag in this color and love it but can't decide if I should get it, since it's more $$ and not sure I will continue to love it for years and years... how are you loving it??