Bottega Bonanza - the last hurrah (?!)

Jan 27, 2007
Although I'm a sporadic poster, as soon as I did this unboxing I couldn't think of anywhere I wanted to share it more than with tPF. I came here to post it, and I saw the thread about the love of the brand fading (at least form). I've been feeling similarly, but some pieces, mostly from the past, I truly coveted. I noticed recently that older styles of a duffle bag as well as some of the BV Home pieces (which I only saw in the Melrose Place store, which had I think more of an "edited" collection?) hit outlets like Saks Off Fifth, which sort of tipped me off that the styles may be going the way of the dodo.

I recently discovered MadaLuxe, which I was suspicious of but researched and learned they are a real company with actual connections to brands, including as the exclusive distributor for some timepiece brands, such as Fendi and Versace. See here if interested: https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashio...e-for-north-american-distribution-1203352018/. (That's actually how I found them...needed to figure out how to hint [hit over the head] to my boyfriend I wanted a Fendi watch for Xmas...)

So, although I knew I shouldn't, I confirmed that the old duffle styles and home pieces weren't on the site anymore so I figured it's now or never. I intended only to get the bag, but I pulled the trigger and got a bunch of stuff! The belt has the new dust bag with that strange green logo; I'm so out of it, I didn't know the logo had changed and I thought I'd been sold a horrific fake (another reason to run to tPF)! (Of course, being an old die-hard, I don't like the new logo or the green print on the dustbag.) I researched it and know now from that and the other thread that the brand is a bit wayward -- so I'm now even more happy I pulled the trigger on these items!!

What do you think?! The MadaLuxe listing says the bag and belt are "Tourmaline" but they look very similar to an Ink wallet I bought in Vegas in 2010.

IMG_5553.jpeg

IMG_5555.jpeg

it's all fabulous and I think I'm in love with your textured (?) wall.
The desk blotter/pad and accessories are awesome.

Thank you! Do you think those desk accessories are worth/capable of authentication? I may run the bag through Authenticate4U or something just in case, although I think it's just me being paranoid since it didn't come straight from BV.

The textured wall is definitely a cool accent. We bought this condo a year ago and it was already here. Many have commented they like it, and it's fun to stage our (never-ending, all too many) Zoom calls in front of. I don't know how long it's been here but we plan to keep it! I agree that it's a lot of fun.

Thank you! Do you think those desk accessories are worth/capable of authentication? I may run the bag through Authenticate4U or something just in case, although I think it's just me being paranoid since it didn't come straight from BV.

The textured wall is definitely a cool accent. We bought this condo a year ago and it was already here. Many have commented they like it, and it's fun to stage our (never-ending, all too many) Zoom calls in front of. I don't know how long it's been here but we plan to keep it! I agree that it's a lot of fun.
I think it’s hard to authenticate home items since most of them only have the heatstamp imprinted on the bottom (or reverse side in the case of the desk blotter). The duffle bag should be easy with several more markers of authenticity. :flowers:

I am planning to do a textured wall in my hallway, so I think they look pretty cool.

Although I'm a sporadic poster, as soon as I did this unboxing I couldn't think of anywhere I wanted to share it more than with tPF. I came here to post it, and I saw the thread about the love of the brand fading (at least form). I've been feeling similarly, but some pieces, mostly from the past, I truly coveted. I noticed recently that older styles of a duffle bag as well as some of the BV Home pieces (which I only saw in the Melrose Place store, which had I think more of an "edited" collection?) hit outlets like Saks Off Fifth, which sort of tipped me off that the styles may be going the way of the dodo.

I recently discovered MadaLuxe, which I was suspicious of but researched and learned they are a real company with actual connections to brands, including as the exclusive distributor for some timepiece brands, such as Fendi and Versace. See here if interested: https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashio...e-for-north-american-distribution-1203352018/. (That's actually how I found them...needed to figure out how to hint [hit over the head] to my boyfriend I wanted a Fendi watch for Xmas...)

So, although I knew I shouldn't, I confirmed that the old duffle styles and home pieces weren't on the site anymore so I figured it's now or never. I intended only to get the bag, but I pulled the trigger and got a bunch of stuff! The belt has the new dust bag with that strange green logo; I'm so out of it, I didn't know the logo had changed and I thought I'd been sold a horrific fake (another reason to run to tPF)! (Of course, being an old die-hard, I don't like the new logo or the green print on the dustbag.) I researched it and know now from that and the other thread that the brand is a bit wayward -- so I'm now even more happy I pulled the trigger on these items!!

What do you think?! The MadaLuxe listing says the bag and belt are "Tourmaline" but they look very similar to an Ink wallet I bought in Vegas in 2010.

View attachment 4935464

View attachment 4935465
Wow!what a gorgeous haul. The desk set is just outstanding, so are the duffle and belt.

I got some messages about this so I thought I'd share - I submitted the bag and belt for authentication by Auth4U this evening and am hoping for a reply soon. They didn't seem confident they'd be able to do the home items, but I solicited an opinion even if the opinion is given with caveats (i.e., not 100% based on less familiarity). If you guys have any ideas about who might be able to do home goods authentications, like I said I'd be curious...

I'll keep everyone posted! MadaLuxe CS has been really fabulous so I'd love to have them as a resource for other purchases. I still want that Fendi watch which as I mentioned is how I found them in the first place...

• Love
Reactions: 880
Your duffel is beyond words gorgeous! Love all about it, the colour, the size, the functionality, everything! :heart:
desk set is very nice, too, but i'd personally be paranoid of pen marks, or scratches, i'm not the most careful person :biggrin: but i hope you are, and you will enjoy them for many years to come!

Your duffel is beyond words gorgeous! Love all about it, the colour, the size, the functionality, everything! :heart:
desk set is very nice, too, but i'd personally be paranoid of pen marks, or scratches, i'm not the most careful person :biggrin: but i hope you are, and you will enjoy them for many years to come!

Aww thanks guys! I am actually looking at a few other home items for the desk, but in different colors to complement, from MadaLuxe again and Saks Off Fifth. I did have to come to terms spiritually with the idea I'd mark the light items, but in some cases I do think those marks are signs of wear and love. Arturo's in Beverly Hills is an amazing leather worker and I did think to myself I wonder if one day I could just re-dye the leather to something else and give it a new life if I'm unhappy with how signs of wear show on the lighter leather.

I'm still waiting for authentication from Authenticate4U for the belt and duffle - it's been 10 days since submission, and I have picked up new pieces, too that I'll add here (once authed!)...it's become a fun new hobby looking for older pieces. I was trying not to over-use and be respectful of the auth thread here - but other than Auth4U, who do we trust for BV authentications? I always loved Castira and Carol for LV and Gucci but have only ever used Auth4U for BV...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: indiaink