Botox lasts less than 2 months??

Agree. The first 2 times I did it , it was great. Then I got breast cancer. I asked my oncologist and my plastic surgeon if I could get it during chemo and they both said yes. It wore off VERY quickly and I attributed to the poison being infused into my body. Waited till 6 months after chemo to try again, and ever since then, no matter what I do (Dysport, BOtox) it doesn't last.

Also, I've tried 2 different plastic surgeons, a Physician Assistant, and an internist and same result.

I am certain you are gorgeous without the botox. Btw...I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I freak'n hate cancer... lost my 18 y.o. to it 5 years ago.

I have been getting Botox for about 10 years, it used to last up to 5-6 months, now I only get two months. I did a little research and found good answers here https://www.ecof.com/7-how-long-will-botox-last/#:~:text=The results from Botox last,circulating in your body again.
I have relatively long lasting results. This article may be an excuse not to exercise so rigorously 5 x week lol
@ChampagneandChakras, I am so sorry about your diagnosis, and I hope you are doing better now. @pquiles , I am very sorry for your loss.

Reactions: pquiles
I have been getting botox for 8 years and every 6 months on my forehead and temples, due to severe migraine pain. That's how long it lasts but it's the best cure ever found :tup:
My neurologist says it should not be taken more often than every 4 months, otherwise your system will start to fight against botulinum toxin.

Last edited:
I don’t want to freak anyone out but a new doctor that I went to told me that many doctors water down their Botox! I would change doctors and see if results last longer.
This is 100% accurate. People should be freaked out. It can lead to severe complications. Run away from clinics that aren't producing results after 2 to 3 treatments.

Here is my experience in case it helps anyone:

I went to an unsupervised med spa (the doctor sponsoring the clinic is not available in the office directly or ever) and spent $1,600 a year on Botox my first year doing it. I would have to come in every other month to fix it or touch it up because movement would begin to show very quickly. Thanks to the owner being a cheap scam artist, I moved on to a new clinic when they refused to fix my botched lip fillers. Regarding the filler... they lied and said I had to take an entire unit of filler (when you can do 1/4 to a 1/2 at most reputable clinics) and could not do any less. So like an uninformed fool, I ended up having 2 whole units used, and I was in severe pain with crazy-looking lips. I had to spend $1,000 to remove them because I couldn't even kiss my husband without wincing in pain, and I avoided looking in the mirror. The photos from that month are truly horrifying. Thankfully I filed a chargeback and retrieved enough funds to cover the removal at the expense of this hack but be careful out there. :doh: The same clinic also drooped my smile for 6 months... it was ridiculous!

However, this situation was a blessing in disguise because I spent way less with better results after switching to an actual doctor to inject my face. I sought the advice of my 60-year-old gym trainer (who looks 40 lol) who said to never go to a med spa but only to a doctor to have any fillers or Botox done. I took her advice and went to her doctor. Now I spend $400 a year after switching. This doctor injects deeper into the muscle and does fewer pokes than the previous spa that clearly was scamming me. They actually record what they are doing every single time I come in and tweak the injections based on my results. They take photographs before the injection if there is an issue with asymmetry so they can reference them the next time you come in to correct every little thing. They refused to even let me pay for the Botox if there was asymmetry the time before. It's a totally different experience. The practice also debunked many myths the first spa tried to push on me as a way to make money (e.g. you can't get undereye filler without a unit of cheek filler - not true!).

So overall, if someone's Botox is wearing off quickly, it is likely because they need to find a new injector. I've been to 4 different injectors over 4 years, and only 1 of them scammed me into thinking I needed constant Botox. Find a place that has a waiting list because they are THAT good. It took me over 4 months to get in as a new patient with the doctor I see now. It is so worth the wait.

Now that everything is resolved and on a routine basis... I have to come in every 3 months to keep my forehead frozen or every 4 months if I am more flexible with the wrinkling starting. I sometimes let more time pass between my appointments because the way the doctor injects it doesn't freeze my eyebrow movement completely anymore like the previous spa, so when it fades now, it looks much more natural since my eyebrows were moving the whole time instead of just when it wears off. I find that waiting longer (an extra 4-6 weeks) between my regular appointments gives me better results too. It also avoids the muscles atrophying and makes my facial movements feel more natural.

Same, and I have been getting it since its inception.

Also, my derm was Dr Kligman who developed Retin-A during his tenure there.

Very sweet man, and a miracle worker, have even been to his home lol, same neighborhood.

So I went ahead and did Botox for my dreaded “11” in between my brows in June . Also did my forehead. Loved the results for my forehead but did little to help the “11” it completely wore off after about 2 months. Tried it again in October with a different dr at same practice. Told him my concerns and he said I had a very expressive face and my body could be metabolizing the Botox quickly. He increased the amount of CC’s used but again, lasted all of 2 months. I went to a very reputable plastic surgeon that several friends also use and swear by.. their results last much longer.
Not sure what to do:
try a different dr
Go back to same and increase the amount
Give up

Anyone have similar results w Botox not lasting very long at all. I would like to add the dr stated it should last about 6 months..
Thank you!
You’re probably developing immunity to Botox. Consider switch types