Botkier Vixen Hobo (black) fading?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've used my Vixen Botkier to death (in all kinds of weather) so I'm not surprised there are some spots that seem to show some fading in the black leather, but is there any way I can condition or bring back the deep black it once was? It's not a hugely noticeable thing but to my eye it bothers me a bit.

Also, this is my first Botkier bag and I'm curious if this is a common occurrence with her black leather bags... I just bought a new Botkier (again in black) Uma Satchel for work and I'm hoping to treat this one a little better so it doesn't show the same signs of fading, but for future reference I'd like to know about the black leather specifically.

Thanks to all who answer! :biggrin:

2. I just logged on to post something similar. I have a black Sasha (less than 2 years old), and the black is fading off the shoulder strap (but not anywhere else on the bag). It looks like the color is eroding away on the edges! I have two other Botkiers (one in brown, another in cream) and have never seen anything like this. Like you Gwendolyn, I used my other two Botkier bags to death, and I didn't experience fading on either. I've been a die-hard Botkier fan, but this just doesn't seem consistent with the standard of quality of my two older Botkiers, and it's making me question my loyalty to the brand. :sad:

Regardless, I still love my Sasha, and if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the problem, I'd be anxious to hear them.

3. Hi Gwendolyn,

Not sure if you're still looking for a solution for the fading on your bag, but I wanted to let you know that I took my Sasha to the cobbler and he worked magic. I don't know what he did, but it's as a good as new now and the deep black color is completely restored. No more icky faded spots.

Anyway, so I just wanted to let you know that if you have a good cobbler in the area, he should be able to fix it for you!

4. Even high end brand has fading issues with Black, mostly when it is subjected to harsh daylight. Some black turns grey & some greenish black. I think for most part, if it gets really bad, you probably can send it to places like LMB for dyeing. A local cobbler works too or you can also self dye if you are up to DIY projects but it will be quite a messy affair.