Botkier girls, I need your help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I am new to Botkier, before these forums I had never heard of them - but I am now trying to decide between two bags on Botkier's sale page on Botkier.com.

http://www.botkier.com/browse/sale.html

I am trying to decide between the Stevie Satchel (in burgundy) and the Stevie Hobo (in sapphire). I figure since it's a great sale I should look into it. Which one would you recommend? How do these bags hold up?

2. Your link isn't working. Just an FYI.

But anyway, between the two, I would go with the Satchel because the shape is way cuter and more original. Personally, I think the Hobo is a bit more juvenile in its shape. Versatile, but somewhat juvenile. I also like the burgundy color more for that reason. It looks richer and jewel-y.

There was a tPf blog post about the Satchel a while back. http://www.purseblog.com/botkier/review-botkier-stevie-satchel.html

As for how they hold up, here are some pros and cons:
    Pros: easy to clean for minor damage (just wipe with a wetnap), lightweight, shiny (maybe a con?)

Cons: the nylon can "fray" (at Nordie's, some of the sale Botkiers had edges that were "fuzzy" because of things chaffing against the nylon), how do you clean set-in stains (like if you pour a whole coffee on it)

3. I would go with the Satchel too.

4. Thanks for your help girls. I just found them both on Amazon for for about 40 dollars cheaper than the sale section on Botkier's site so....I think I may take the plunge!

5. Thanks Emma, I did look at that and decided not to go with Amazon. Since ShopBop was listed on Botkier's website, I looked there instead and bought the Black Chrystie Satchel - it looked like a pretty cute bag - so I'll be excited to see it!

This entire forum is so bad for my wallet, haha.