Botkier Clyde Review

tln

Have a nice day!
O.G.
Jan 14, 2006
I bought one of these, and it got here yesterday. I like it. The leather is stiff, and I'd imagine it will soften up. The bag is more structured that I would have thought. I think it is a really good weekend or casual Friday type of bag. I much prefer my MJ satchel, but I got a good price on the Clyde, and I really like the color. I do understand the pricing differential on some of these designer bags now, though. I paid significantly more for the MJ bag, but I do like it that much more. I might have been upset had I paid the full price for the Botkier, but I am pleased overall.

What color did you get? I have the trigger in the pebbled leather. It's a great everyday bag for me that I don't have to worry about. I paid almost half price for mine too...so that's why I'm happy!

I almost got the clyde in pewter. But it wansn't on sale so I passed. I know what you mean how Coach is king in the midwest. I visited last october, and it seemed to be the purse of choice!:P

Post pics if you can. I'd like to see your Cognac!

I got a cognac clyde during the botkier sale too! hehe And i know what you mean about paying full price and not being happy about it. I really like it now though and hopefully it will getter softer with time :biggrin: .

I paid 1/2 price for mine, but now that I have it I think it would be worth it at full price as well. It's a beautiful unique bag, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I've had my Botkier Clyde for about 3 months, and the leather has gotten a bit softer since I first received it...however, I thought the bag had very supple leather to begin with!

Dani said:
I paid 1/2 price for mine, but now that I have it I think it would be worth it at full price as well. It's a beautiful unique bag, and I couldn't be happier with it.

:smile: I honestly couldn't tell you, I've only had it for about a week, but it wasn't too bad to begin with. I really like the leather on it, actually.