Botkier Cleaning

building_blox

Mar 17, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone, I'm new to Botkier as well as TPF, and I just got my first (used) Trigger today in the mail! It's in great condition, but it has a little bit of a used purse smell - I was wondering if anyone has tips for cleaning a Botkier? Thanks :smile:!!

tejava

O.G.
Jun 30, 2008
Perhaps you want to try baby wipes first, it should get rid of the smell easily. I use a leather cleansing liquid most of the time, it is just some generic brand that I found in my local market, but it worked fine on all of my leather bags. Just remember to test it on a less visible corner before you apply it to the entire bag just in case it does any harm.

Good Luck and congrats!

building_blox

Mar 17, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Perhaps you want to try baby wipes first, it should get rid of the smell easily. I use a leather cleansing liquid most of the time, it is just some generic brand that I found in my local market, but it worked fine on all of my leather bags. Just remember to test it on a less visible corner before you apply it to the entire bag just in case it does any harm.

Good Luck and congrats!

Thanks for the advice!

spiffykatt

Jan 20, 2010
Has anyone used a leather cleaner on a glazed leather Botkier bag? Is it okay to use if you want to clean it?

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
I've never used any cleaner or leather conditioner on my bags. So I just e-mailed Botkier and asked for their recommendations. I will let you know when I hear from them.

mielikki55

Nov 21, 2006
I've never used any cleaner or leather conditioner on my bags. So I just e-mailed Botkier and asked for their recommendations. I will let you know when I hear from them.
Yay! Thanks for e-mailing Botkier, Cloud. I'm curious as well. One of the SAs at a Chanel store recommended Meltonian to clean/condition my lambskin wallet so that's what I used also to clean/condition my Chanel lambskin bag, but neither items were glazed.

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
I heard back from Botkier today and they recommend going to a professional repair shop first. If you are going to clean and treat your bags at home they recommend using Lexol leather products. I hope this helps.:smile:

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
Your welcome ladies. I thought I would try wal mart today to find it but I didn't see it. If any of you ladies do try lexol, let us know what you think. :smile:

atomsH20

Oct 27, 2006
I have a chrome Yellow Jackie that picked up a little dye transfer from my wool coat and general dirt. as this was my first light colored bag, i didn't consider pre-treating. i am wondering if anyone has any tips for cleaning the bag. i've tried emailing LuvinMyBags twice but haven't heard back from them as to which of their products would be suitable for Botkier leather. I would appreciate any tips in cleaning this bag

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
Hi atoms! I have not had this problem yet (knock on wood or better yet rub some leather) but when I e-mailed Botkier they recommended Lexol leather products. If you don't hear From luvinmybags you can e-mail botkier. Good luck! :smile: