BOTKIER Christie hobo...Opinions?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What do you guys think of the botkier christie hobo in black? My sister wants a botkier for christmas and activeendeavors has a 20% off coupon right now. She is a pretty basic girl so I wouldn't want to stray away from black or brown, and she just got a brown kooba bag for her birthday. I think the christie is pretty unique looking with the crossed compartments, but I am not so sure about the whole hobo look...It's not too slouchy but I dunno, I feel like the whole long hobo look is kind of tired...What do you guys think?

the sale is at ae, but i think Shopbop has a better photo:

Botkier Bags C Hobo - shopbop.com

2. Hi my boyfriend just picked up a Chrystie shoulder bag - (it's a little different, smaller i think, but similar)for me at the new york sample sale...He said he really liked that one out of all the bags he saw...i'm not overly familiar with botkier, but when i went on the website and looked at it...I really liked it. He said the leather is really really soft as well. Hope this helps!!!

3. Wow!!! :nuts:

I love the cross-over detail. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Very cool and different - it's the wrap dress of bags! :biggrin:

ETA: To answer your question about long hobos looking 'tired' - there are plenty of types of bag that have been around for at least as long as the hobo (this time around).

I, personally, think that whether a bag looks 'tired', or not, is as much in the detail as the genre. :yes:

4. ehh.. Doesn't do anything for me. I have three of the triggers. And I like the other styles, but not this one.

5. I'm with Chloe...I love the crossover effect. If your sister is a basic type person though, maybe the triggers would be better. Do they have them at ae? In black?

6. It's a beautiful bag but I'm not sure how convenient it would be to use. Hmmm...not sure on this one.

7. thanks for your help girls, I'm still really undecided. I am just as picky about buying bags for other people as I am about choosing them for myself! A lot of you mentioned checking out the trigger, but I couldnt find any sites that had it in black with a discount code. Also she has another purse that kinda has the moto/chic looking edge like the trigger, so I was hoping to find something a little different.

the things is, i'm spending all this time focusing on botkier bags when now that I think about it, I don't really think she knows or cares much about the brand itself :rolleyes: , she just really hearts my bianca (the design is genius, who can blame her? ;) ) but i cant find it on sale anywhere and with it being the holiday season and all i can't really justify paying full price for it. Especially since i've already dropped a couple hundred on her for christmas gifts....damn december birthday girls !!!! errg, maybe I could get her the small bianca, or the bella clutch, that way I wont have to try to find them on sale, same style as my larger version, and she could use them for holiday parties? I dunno, what do you girls think?

thanks again for your help!!!

8. I really like the bag. I think what makes it so unique is the crossover effect. I would love to see one IRL to figure out how it works!