Both Indigo & Black?

chiaoapple

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Hi everyone,
I am thinking of getting a 30cm black Birkin with ghw in togo -- I want it to look casual so will probably get a softened pre-owned one.
The only worry is that I have a 30cm indigo B in epsom with phw, and don't want to feel I am duplicating, or that there will be little difference in wearing the two.
Do any of the lovely tPFers here own both indigo and black? Any problems with similarity?

Thank you!!;)

I agree. I think they are similar enough colors where you might want to either get a B in a different size - either 25 in GHW for something more formal or a 35 for more work/travel friendly bag. Or get a Kelly 32 for something casual but different.

I have a B35 in raisin clemence PHW and a K35 in black box calf GHW but I find them very different because the leather and styles are different.

I have an indigo blue B35 phw in Togo and black box ghw in K28. They are both dark. Different styles altogether for me that's why I got them but If I were in your shoes, I will not get an indigo or black in the same size and same design.

For me they are different because one is PHW and one is GHW and the two leathers are a different feel as well. A 30 cm birkin for me is more formal looking because it retains good structure whereas a 30 cm togo birkin is more slouchy and casual.

They would look too alike to me. If you really want the same size in dark color, perhaps get a dark blue instead like bleu de prusse, bleu de malte or bleu abysse or dark purple like prune?

Thank you all for the great advice!!

Finanlly had some time after work so went to resale shop carrying my Indigo. Sadly (or happily for my finances) the two bags side by side they were too similar (perhaps the Black was not old and floppy enough, so it stood up straight much like the epsom).

As babybaby2011 says, black + ghw is perfection, so will continue search for the right one~~

I have a black box Birkin and a croc Kelly in indigo and find they are very different bags. But then again mine are in two different skins. I love blues so I would get it if I were you.