BOTH Clochette and luggage tag on DE Speedy B?

SheilaWee

Custom Jeweler
Jan 10, 2013
Hi there! This is my very first post:smile:

I have a DE Speedy B 30 and is thinking of accessorising it with BOTH the clochette and the small luggage tag together on one side of the handle. I have been looking around and have not seen anyone doing that. Have you come across one? What do you think? Is it too much?

Kindly post some pictures should u have seen one:smile: I've got one from Lv site (its kinda weird as the photos are shown with the luggage tag on Lv website but in its description it states that this bag does not come with the luggage tag and the luggage tag is not available for sale??)

TIA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,503
Last edited:
Too much going on, I would pick one or the other. I prefer nothing because in IMO it takes away from the beauty of the bags design. Luggage tags look great on luggage, on purses I just don't get it? I don't understand why a identification tag is useful on a purse? But that's just my opinion.

Hi there tks for the reply:smile: I like the the idea of hot stamping, to personalised my bag. I feel that it makes the common speedy stand out more. I have a few bag charms and would like a change to accessorise with a tag bearing my initials:smile:

Well, as for the clochette, it serves a purpose to house the keys. I thought they look quite good together. Just wondering if it will be too busy?

Btw, should I be going for the tag, I will go for the colorless hot stamping. I thought that having the dark tag and clochette against the dark checks damier canvas is not really a contrasting combo. But I would love to hear your views before making my decision!

I think charms are cute but I do not know why I just don't think the luggage tag looks good on purses. It makes me think of the lunch bags people bring to work that have the luggage tag looking name tag. I think the clochette makes more sense and they can be heat stamped.

Image wise, it looks great, seeing it in person at the store like that... Definitely way too many things going on... I think that having either one or the other only, it will look great, but both sorry, no it will not look great... IMHO

Seems like im in a bit of a minority here but I like both the clochette and luggage tag together on the bag. I don't think it looks busy at all, maybe coz the tag and clochette don't really clash against each other as they are the same material?
If you threw some charms in there then it would be getting too busy.
But thats my taste and HO :smile:

I like both items on the bag. It does make the bag look more informal, but it adds some character IMO. LV is a luxury travel brand, so having a travel/luggage tag on a bag (especially a Speedy- which was made as an ode to the Keepall!) just "fits" within my perspective.

I like both items on the bag. It does make the bag look more informal, but it adds some character IMO. LV is a luxury travel brand, so having a travel/luggage tag on a bag (especially a Speedy- which was made as an ode to the Keepall!) just "fits" within my perspective.

We share the EXACT same sentiment:smile:

I like charms too, But those I have are in silver. They clash with the gold hardware IMO..Which charm do you think goes best with speedy DE?

Ps I am not into the Bandeau look though, that is too 'busy' for me:smile:

There's a few bandeau that match perfect
on DE ! Like the leopard ? Check out the
clubhouse for charms and bandeau's there's
a lot of photos and ideas ! Good luck ;)

+1, yes LOL!
too much going on, i would pick one or the other. I prefer nothing because in imo it takes away from the beauty of the bags design. Luggage tags look great on luggage, on purses i just don't get it? I don't understand why a identification tag is useful on a purse? But that's just my opinion.