Boston store/carson goodwill sale

53baglady

Jun 6, 2007
I live in Wisconsin and the Boston Store has its semi annual Goodwill sale starting Sept. 10. For each item of clothing donated, you receive a 20% off coupon that is good on everything; including COACH, even clearance Coach. The presale has started so if you have a credit card you can pick out your goodies now and the store will hold them for you until Sept. 10. Boston Store is a BonTon store and I think there are other BonTon stores with different names such as Carson Pirie Scott who also participate in this sale. Today I saw Zoes, patchwork and signature, plus much more. Just thought I'd share the info, seeing as there might not be a Coach PCE in Sept.

Thanks for the heads-up 53baglady!

I was in the Southridge Boston Store a week ago and think they had the entire Signature Stripe and Heritage Stripe lines with some Carlys. Don't they generally have signature bags/accessories but not a lot of leather? That's my recollection.

...Though now I remember a clearance table of Madelines at the Brookfield Square store back in July, so I might be completely wrong. Or it could depend on the store. There are 4 within 15 minutes of my house. I'll have to go on a tour. ;)

What I saw at the Brookfield Square Boston Store today:

Madelines - medium & business - already marked 25% off
Soho Flap purses - already marked 25% off
Zoes - purses, pouches, wristlets - signature & leather, no large
Bleeker - shoulder flaps, totes - signature/patent
Sophies - signature
Ergo pleated framed satchel
Signature stripe totes & swingpacks
Heritage stripe/Tattersall totes
Carly - signature/tonal - tonals were already marked 25% off

There were some wallets and mini skinnys, some were already marked 25% off, but I can't remember beyond there being signature and tattersall in the case.

The SAs were really pushing the Goodwill sale to people buying the higher end purses. If you have one of their credit cards, it's probably worth it to go in for the pre-sale.

Racine Boston store has a black leather Madeline marked down 25% so with the Goodwill sale it would go down another 20%. They have the Heritiage stripe pink tattersall tote on sale also along with the matching zip around wallet.
Full price items include the patchwork Zoe in gold and brown. Also the patchwork gallery tote in gold and brown. They also have the burgundy signature Zoe. There were also Zoe capacity wristlets and Zoe pouches. I saw a large black leather Carly today and also the metallic slim Carly. There were a couple Ergo pleated satchels in signature and lots of the signature stripe bags; tons of colors and shapes. :smile:

I am not in your area, but:

I didn't even know Bon-ton sold coach? I know ours doesn't, but there is another store not too much farther (wonder if they do). They do the "goodwill" sale also! That would be awesome, if the coupons work with coach too...
I have never done the goodwill sale although they advertise it like crazy: SO, you really get a coupon for every item donated in EUC? I always wondered how it worked...

Boston Store in Wisconsin has the Goodwill sale twice a year and I've been buying Coach there for a number of years now. If you have a Boston Store charge card you can do a presale now and pick up your items on the 10th. That way you get the best selection. For every item donated you get a 20% off coupon; 10 items, 10 coupons...KWIM? I usually use 3 or 4 coupons on Coach alone; especially for sale items like mini skinnys and wristlets that make great Xmas gifts. The coupons are also good on make up and fragrance but I think the discount is 15% for that type of item. If you have a Boston Store nearby it is certainly worth taking a look!

Sure. It's just bostonstore.com. Be sure to call the store closest to you first to see if they handle Coach. I know that some Carsons do not. I think all of the Boston Stores in Wisconsin sell Coach, but not sure about the other Bon Ton stores in other states. Hope this helps.