Boroughs - Triple Zip or Soft?

Apr 25, 2007
Plantsville, CT
Does anyone on here own both the triple zip regular Borough Bag and a Soft Borough in the Napanil? I'm just trying to get an opinion on these and would appreciate any help. I'm getting the feeling one may not be enough. Please give me your thoughts.

Nov 24, 2006
Yup, I own three zipped boroughs, and one soft-thinking of getting another in the latter. It all depends on how much structure you want in these bags, and whether or not you can stand the zippers; for me, I didn't think I like the zippers, but I love how structured it make the boroughs look, plus extra organization it offers. But I also appreciated the more relaxed feel of the soft-again, it really hinges on your preference. However, I think the soft may be able to hold more, and it is probably also lighter because of the fewer compartments, and less hardware. Good luck choosing; there are so many gorgeous leathers to pick from!

Last edited:

corduroyshoes

Mar 29, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I have a large soft and then medium's with the zippers. For me, I like having zippers on the medium size and not having them with the larger bag.

I agree where the zippers help the bag hold the shape but if you are able to see them both and try them on you should go with what you like.

Apr 25, 2007
Plantsville, CT
Yup, I own three zipped boroughs, and one soft-thinking of getting another in the latter. It all depends on how much structure you want in these bags, and whether or not you can stand the zippers; for me, I didn't think I like the zippers, but I love how structured it make the boroughs look, plus extra organization it offers. But I also appreciated the more relaxed feel of the soft-again, it really hinges on your preference. However, I think the soft may be able to hold more, and it is probably also lighter because of the fewer compartments, and less hardware. Good luck choosing; there are so many gorgeous leathers to pick from!
Thank you both for your kind replys. I really can only pull off the medium as I am too petite. Would love the large as they are fabulous but just can't do it. I have had the opportunity to hold the medium triple zip but feel it is almost too structured so I think I'm going to go out on the limb and try the earth soft Borough and see how it goes. I'm looking for a work bag that I can put a bit into and as much as structure works for me, this bag is already a structured type bag. I also think the lighter weight might be of help. Who knows, I may just get the earth and the vermillion in the triple zip. But thanks for your very good insight. That's exactly what I needed. I truly love this blog!