Borough, Preston, and clutchable bug

Nov 24, 2006
So I think I'm officially nuts!! After getting the edgepaint Preston in ecru/seamist, and the large patchwork borough, I'm finding myself looking at more Prestons, and more Boroughs :cray:. If the large vachetta borough comes back in stock, I'll probably be getting that, but I can't stop staring at the studded Preston, and the large clutchable in python printed leather. Even the Preston in mixed media, which I wasn't so interested in originally, I was impressed by the quality when I saw it in the store. Anybody seen that mixed media yet? What are your thoughts about it?

But anyway, this is getting out of hand :sweatdrop:, and I need to see these bags in person (or reveals ;)), before I make any decisions about them. God forbid the next month rolls around, and I'm bombarded with more interesting bags! I justify my moments of craziness thinking that it'll be fine to buy the ones I like, since I'm not interested in the fall preview...but now I believe I need to take a step back. Yikes!

Which ones are you all drooling over (if any), and how do you keep yourself in control?

I've seen the mixed media preston at the store too. I really like it and i usually don't go for white colored bags. But i think with different colored trimmings and handle, that gives a good contrast and makes the bag look really stylish. It makes a nice spring/ summer bag!

I also find myself wanting to buy everything since there are so many styles and colors to choose from.. But I'm also waiting to see the woven preston...

I really love yellow bags, so I ordered the pale lemon Preston (coming to terms with it's extreme pebbliness (if that's a word!) on the center panel - but I think I'm keeping it). However, I couldn't get the studded Preston out of my mind after seeing the reveal on here (and for some weird reason I have black-bag fever even in the spring time!) so I called my store and ordered it yesterday before the PCE expires.

Hopefully those will satisfy my new-bag fever for the spring! We'll see! :P

I had my bags scattered all over the house in 3 or 4 places. What helped is putting them all together in my office on a bookshelf and overflow on the floor. I work in San Francisco Monday - Thursday each week so I can only take 1 bag. When I go upstairs to pick a bag and it takes me a few minutes to think about what I'm wearing and I have 3 or 4 I want to use that lets me know that I have enough for now. It has to be a pretty special bag to make me want to add it to my current collection. I wanted that Pale Lemon Preston so bad since I really love my Graphite one. I've been able to resist this PCE but not sure if I get the next PCE and the bag is still available..........it will probably be coming home to me! :smile:

I had my bags scattered all over the house in 3 or 4 places. What helped is putting them all together in my office on a bookshelf and overflow on the floor. I work in San Francisco Monday - Thursday each week so I can only take 1 bag. When I go upstairs to pick a bag and it takes me a few minutes to think about what I'm wearing and I have 3 or 4 I want to use that lets me know that I have enough for now. It has to be a pretty special bag to make me want to add it to my current collection. I wanted that Pale Lemon Preston so bad since I really love my Graphite one. I've been able to resist this PCE but not sure if I get the next PCE and the bag is still available..........it will probably be coming home to me! :smile:

Yes! Taking my bags out of their dust bags and storing them together so I can see them all at once has helped a lot. Still buying, but I have skipped several new bags and deleted a few after seeing the collection all together. Of course, it also stunned my DH. Not as good. ;)

Yes! Taking my bags out of their dust bags and storing them together so I can see them all at once has helped a lot. Still buying, but I have skipped several new bags and deleted a few after seeing the collection all together. Of course, it also stunned my DH. Not as good. ;)

:lol:......Yep! I try to keep DH out of "my room" because he always has something to say about my bags....."Are you up there playing with those bags again???" Luckily, he has a Nike addiction so I just throw it back at him.

I was interested in the mixed media Preston, until I read on the staging site that it was leather and vinyl (?!).

I don't know for sure if that was correct..... :shrugs:

I was interested in the mixed media Preston, until I read on the staging site that it was leather and vinyl (?!).

Oh my! I see that. Thanks for pointing it out. So they are jacking up prices AND now using VINYL? Now I'm thinking through all my bags of course. I think I would have noticed if any were made with vinyl........

Last edited:
Whatever you do about that control issue, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT post a voluntary ban thread thinking it will help you be good. Even though I have stuck to it, the Preston, especially the new studded version, is killing me. Literally. If I ever stop posting, you can probably locate my cold body somewhere in a Coach closet/store/outlet trying to get a final hit.

If it's in budget and you'll enjoy it, go for it! I'm living vicariously through you now. I need the reveal hits. :smile:

Omg, thank you so much for pointing that out! I don't know how I could have missed that...no wonder I was confused about exactly what was mixed media about the bag, when I touched it in the store. Didn't know that gray part (I'm guessing that's where it is), is vinyl! Hmm...

Whatever you do about that control issue, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT post a voluntary ban thread thinking it will help you be good. Even though I have stuck to it, the Preston, especially the new studded version, is killing me. Literally. If I ever stop posting, you can probably locate my cold body somewhere in a Coach closet/store/outlet trying to get a final hit.

If it's in budget and you'll enjoy it, go for it! I'm living vicariously through you now. I need the reveal hits. :smile:

lol, thank you for the great advice! I know exactly what you mean...this is almost like the other addictions! I remember a smoker said once, that if he smokes, he'll die later, but if he doesn't, then he's going to kick the bucket instantly :lol:. Trying to debate the four bags on my wishlist right now...:sweatdrop:

Omg, thank you so much for pointing that out! I don't know how I could have missed that...no wonder I was confused about exactly what was mixed media about the bag, when I touched it in the store. Didn't know that gray part (I'm guessing that's where it is), is vinyl! Hmm...

I don't know. Here is the description from the staging site:

DESCRIPTION
Striking in a graphic mix of leathers with clear accents, this sophisticated new satchel combines a chic shape with an edgy downtown sensibility. Versatile enough to carry every day, the bag is finished with a secure zip-top, rolled handles and a slender, detachable strap for shoulder or crossbody wear.
View details

DETAILS
Leather and vinyl
Inside zip, cell phone and multifunction pockets
Outside slit pocket
Zip-top closure, fabric lining
Handles with 4 1/2" drop
Longer strap for shoulder wear
14 3/4" (L) x 10 1/2" (H) x 6 1/4" (W)

I don't know what the "clear accents" are, or what is supposed to be vinyl. The staging site could be wrong anyway.

I don't know. Here is the description from the staging site:

I don't know what the "clear accents" are, or what is supposed to be vinyl. The staging site could be wrong anyway.

Thank you for the quote from the staging site! I wonder if the gray part is the vinyl, or if it's leather with vinyl coating-the handles and the stripes down the bag looked a bit shiny, and different from the rest of the bag. :thinking: Interesting...

The more I pass up, the easier it is. I want to be able to actually carry the bags that I've bought. I bought the Legacy Studded Clutch a few weeks ago and that was the first bag I've bought since Sept. I do have a Dooney coming this week so I'm very excited! I change out my bag once a week and with a collection of about 30 bags, it takes me well over 6 months if I want to go through the whole rotation of my bags. As I stated, I want to be able to actually use the bags that I've bought....

The description isn't always correct on the site. I have seen errors before. But if there is vinyl on the mixed media Preston, I am going to be mad. I want that bag, but not for $400 and it being part vinyl.