Bored with NF GM only after 2 months!

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
I got a NF GM Ebene in March 2011 on a trip to Chicago and have used it everyday. Even though I get a lot of compliments on it I feel like it is just too big for my needs. I recently got a speedy 25 and am in Love! After getting the speedy I feel like I would never use the GM unless I was traveling with it.

Should I sell the GM and get another speedy- perhaps a speedy 25 in Ebene instead? Is it crazy to sell a bag only after using it for two months? Has anyone ever done this before?

I wouldn't say its crazy! Our needs are always changing. Don't feel bad I bought my NF mono on June 1st and already I'm thinking of returning it! I thought I wanted it big but now I'm not so sure. Are you bored with it + its too big??? Good luck deciding.

I did this once, when a couple of years ago I bought my first Azur bag and realized a month later that I just did not love it and there was another bag I knew would be better for me, so I sold the bag and got the one I really wanted instead, and have now been carrying it for three summers straight (my Azur Saley PM). So go for it, sell and get the speedy or something else you want instead (would you get bored with Speedies, if you had 2 - maybe consider something different just to have variety?

Thanks for the advice! Yes I feel like its too big and I'm just not in love with it like I am with my speedy. I guess I'm more of a speedy type gal. How do I go about pricing it and selling it? It's like new but Im sure I will lose money on it.

This totally happened to me!! I bought my first LV, the Mono NF MM in January and two months later I sold. I have an ebene speedy that I LVoe and I'll probably get another speedy. I considered the small loss I took on the NF as my price for "renting" it for a couple months.

This totally happened to me!! I bought my first LV, the Mono NF MM in January and two months later I sold. I have an ebene speedy that I LVoe and I'll probably get another speedy. I considered the small loss I took on the NF as my price for "renting" it for a couple months.

Yes great point about renting it! LOL I won't feel so bad now. I mean I did enjoy it for 2 months so definitely worth the loss. Definitely considering selling it.

I completely understand. Ebay seems to be the best option. (just my opinion) Hopefully some gals on here that frequently sell items can tell you better than I can... Maybe you won't lose too much with the price increase on June 2nd... Ovbiously the better the deal the faster it'll sell! Just stay Optimistic... Maybe just shoot for the last retail price minus taxes... Good Luck!

I wouldn't necessarily rush into selling it and risk losing a lot of money after only two months, even if right now you're not too excited about it. I have had the excitement wear off for me with many bags, but when I go back to them it's like I'm using them for the first time again!

If it wouldn't be a waste to only use it when you need a bigger bag - a weekender/overnighter for instance - you could also keep it for that.

Go on the bay and click on advanced search (near the search bar where you type in the name of the item you're looking for) then on the next screen type in the name of the bag and check off the completed auctions box. You'll see all the recent sales so you can price your bag.

You can sell either on the bay or bonz--I've been using bonz lately although it does get less traffic.

I love Speedys too but what about just getting the MM or a different shoulder bag? The Galliera is really nice and if you don't want to buy brand new, you can get a pre-loved one.

With the price increase since then, you could prob. Still make what you paid for it. Why don't you try keeping it cinched and adding a scarf to it. The new look might revive it some