Bordeaux Patent or Beige Caviar!

Should I keep the Bordeaux Patent Jumbo or go for the Beige Caviar Jumbo?

• Bordeaux Patent!

• Beige Caviar!

Results are only viewable after voting.

lunarlu

Mar 10, 2009
Hi All! This is my first time posting on the Chanel forum. :flowers: I was hoping you could help me out with a dilemma. I was waiting for my SA to find a beige caviar jumbo flap with gold hardware, my intended second and last Chanel, when I impulsively bought a dark bordeaux patent jumbo with silver hardware! It's hard to say if the bordeaux is really love since it's going to take a little while to get to me but it was so beautiful in the pictures. I think the dark patent is going to be a lot easier to keep clean but I worry that it's not as classic as the beige. Which one would you choose?

If it helps in your consideration my other Chanel is a black lambskin m/l with gold hardware. Thanks for your help guys!

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I would go for the beige caviar. I dunno, I'm also biased because a. I have the beige (albeit in a medium) and b. I haven't been that impressed with the patent flats the past few years. I did see the bordeaux patent Jumbo and while it's a very pretty color (and yes, will be easy enough to maintain), I wasn't blown away. I also think the beige caviar will be a nice complement to your black flap... one light, one dark and tons of versatility. :smile:

TxGlam

Shop. Spend. Repeat.
O.G.
May 24, 2007
If you want something more classic then you should go for the Beige, it's timeless for sure. I love my dk brown patent jumbo, I got it 2 years ish ago and it still looks stunning and like brand new! Def one of my faves out of the bunch :smile:

fieryfashionist

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I have the bordeaux goatskin patent Jumbo from that same time frame ('08A), which is another reason why I am biased against the current bordeaux patent. :P It's one of my favorites too! :love: Your brown is TDF, btw! :love:

If you want something more classic then you should go for the Beige, it's timeless for sure. I love my dk brown patent jumbo, I got it 2 years ish ago and it still looks stunning and like brand new! Def one of my faves out of the bunch :smile:

sylphfae

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
I'm in the minority here, but am leaning towards the bordeaux patent cos the beige caviar will always be there. Perhaps you could wait for the patent to make its way to you so that you can judge in real life whether you're in love with the color before making a decision?

lunarlu

Mar 10, 2009
I'm in the minority here, but am leaning towards the bordeaux patent cos the beige caviar will always be there. Perhaps you could wait for the patent to make its way to you so that you can judge in real life whether you're in love with the color before making a decision?

Hmm, good point. I'm trying to be good though so I'm telling myself I'm only allowed to have two. Unfortunately it wouldn't be financially responsible for me to get more. *Sigh*

lunarlu

Mar 10, 2009
I have the bordeaux goatskin patent Jumbo from that same time frame ('08A), which is another reason why I am biased against the current bordeaux patent. :P It's one of my favorites too! :love: Your brown is TDF, btw! :love:
Actually the bordeaux I bought was a 2008 from Yoogis Closet. I didn't know they varied so much among the years. I'm not sure if it's an A (Autumn?) or something else. Could you explain how they differ?

Last edited:

fieryfashionist

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
^Ohhhh, really? Yes, they do! :smile: The patent flaps this year aren't distressed patent goatskin... just patent calf (smooth). Chanel rarely does anything but smooth patent calf, so I do think that the goatskin is more rare.

I really like the distressed/crinkled (whatever you want to call it haha) patent, because the texture adds interest and makes the bag less prone to fingerprints and such. The bag you bought isn't as rigid as patent flaps of the past, but it's held up really well.

Here are two pics of mine:
Bordeauxview.jpg

Bordeauxcccloseup.jpg

I also love the darker ruthenium hardware... it looks great with the color! :smile:

I saw this years smooth patent calf bordeaux and the color didn't look as spectacular as the one above to me. :smile:

I have an '07 smooth patent calf medium flap (black) and the LE NYMA red patent medium flap (smooth patent calf) and both are very structured. I didn't think the current bordeaux flap was super structured and therefore may not fare well.

Chanel also did smooth patent calf flaps last year (right after the goatskin ones) and they were awful, IMO... unstructured and I've seen several on ebay that literally look run over. Not a good look for a patent flap haha. :nuts: