Bordeaux happiness ... sadness ... now happiness!

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Los Angeles California
Ladies - a few weeks back, I shared my lovely bordeaux patent GST :drool::faint:. Not much this season has thrilled me but that GST did. I carried it every day for a week ... Until I could no longer deny it:

the SMELL of the GST gives me a headache

Yup, from the moment I picked it up from NM, I was having constant headaches. Whereever the bag was (in my office at work, in my bedroom, in my living, in my car) there was a strong chemical odor. I was popping my special (extra-strong) hangover aspirin and still had headaches. reluctantly I returned it NM where it promptly gave my SA a headache and a metallic taste in her mouth. The ladies at NM tried to air it out but the smell didn't go away

Yesterday I made the decision to pull the plug -- it's returned.:sad:

I was heartbroken:crybaby: .. but thanks to a WONDERFUL tpf enabler (who knows who she is!) I found a xl jumbo on ebay in red. Turns out it's not a lipstick red or a blue-red, but a burgundy/brown red -- the red I tend wear more often! It's not my GST but it's gorgeous in its own right and it doesn't give me a headache!!!!!!!:woohoo: Here are pics of it, w/flash and w/o, and along side two of my other red bags for color comparison.​

Attachments

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Los Angeles California
Just FYI -- according to the leather repair shop that fixes NM bags, the bordeaux color formula reacts to the patent process. it's normal as each color formula is different. the smell doesn't bother most people but for those with a sensitivity, it can. I have the black GST -- no problem -- and considerered the camel GST. it was just the bordeaux.

Well, I'm sure all of us have fallen in love with something/someone and it turned out not to be good for us ....

roey

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
In the sunshine!
Sorry to hear the bordeaux didn't work out (I"m sensitive to scent too) but let me tell you I was eyeing up that flap on ebay knowing full well the price didn't match my bank account. I'm thrilled a tPF'er bought it! It's freakin' AMAZING!!

I just purchased a vintage tote in the same color and it's so unique - neither a true red nor bordeaux but more of a wine color - very versatile.

asl_bebes

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Sorry to hear about your GST but your new vintage jumbo is just as gorgeous! Absolutely love that color, definitely a fabulous find! Congrats and enjoy!

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
Wow R, what an amazing find!! :nuts: I'm sorry the GST didn't work out for you! :sad: Of course, keeping a bag that bothers you like that, no matter how beautiful it is, is never a good idea... you made a good call there! :heart: Congrats on Miss Bordeaux, yay!! :smile:

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
The Palace
Aw Regina, I'm sorry the bordeaux patent didn't work out for you. A strong chemical odor would definitely give me a headache as well.

But I'm so happy this beautiful XL Jumbo has found its way to you! When I saw this beauty on eBay I immediately thought of you and here you are!

Congratulations and enjoy!

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Los Angeles California
Roey you're so right ...it's sorta a wine color. Claret? I'm hoping one of our 'more color' savvy members will name it -- as some of the members here are walking Pantone dictionaries!!!!!!

I just purchased a vintage tote in the same color and it's so unique - neither a true red nor bordeaux but more of a wine color - very versatile.

burberryprncess

Sophie ^o^
O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Outer Space
Sorry to hear that the GST did not work out for you. You did the right thing by returning it and getting the red XL. It's gorgeous like the vintage XL. Congratulations!

Oops I read it wrong...you did get a vintage XL. anyhow, congratulations!

Michele

O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
Maryland
Sorry to hear about your GST. I would have returned it too if it gave me headaches, especially for the amount of money you paid. However, the red XL Jumbo is just as beautiful. Congrats.

anonymous

O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
I bought the black patent first and the smell is strong. I preferred the bordeaux and returned the black. The bordeaux to me also has the strong similar smell. But after a week, the smell is not that bad. Sorry it didn't work out for you but congrats on getting the new vintage flap.

Bethc

O.G.
Oct 7, 2007
Just FYI -- according to the leather repair shop that fixes NM bags, the bordeaux color formula reacts to the patent process. it's normal as each color formula is different. the smell doesn't bother most people but for those with a sensitivity, it can. I have the black GST -- no problem -- and considerered the camel GST. it was just the bordeaux.

Well, I'm sure all of us have fallen in love with something/someone and it turned out not to be good for us ....
Lol! For me it's usually a man, not a bag!

I'm sorry about the bag, but the new one looks yummy!:drool:

Jun 23, 2007

The camel is so gorgeous. I flipped when I saw the Bon Bon. What a horrible choice of name for such a fabulous color.
I have a bordeaux caviar GST which, fortunately doesn't have an odor.
I totally understand about being sensitive to certain odors. It can be downright dangerous, as well. Pretty crazy that nobody noticed the bordeaux aroma in the store!
I can't be around new carpet, fresh paint, freshly mowed grass and so on, but to be allergic to Chanel.... Quick, allergists --- develop a shot to help those so afflicted! My wonderful DH has no clue and thinks I'm silly when I feel a headache around certain odors. Don't even get me started on walking by candle shops in a mall!

--Judy