Boots/Shoes for People With Bunions

Tammy518

Just one more...
Jan 3, 2006
Yucky topic, but I have horribly large bunions that are hurting me more and more as time goes on. In the summer, I'm fine because I wear flip-flops and sandals. But in the winter, most all the shoes that are comfy are ugly. Does anyone know of some cute ankle boots and/or shoes that might work for me? I've read reviews of Gentle Souls brand being good for people with different foot problems. I emailed them and asked about their Mona Light Black ankle boot and On The Ridge ankle boot and they replied that neither of those had a wide enough toe box to accomodate bunions. The two boots of theirs they suggested were butt-ugly :sad:

Heeellllppp! I am old, but I don't want to be stuck wearing old lady shoes.:P

Have you tried finding a shoe site that sells wider shoes? I don't know if that would help but I think you could find a larger quanity of wide tox box shoes there so you could have more choices. Check out Zappos!:flowers:

Have you tried finding a shoe site that sells wider shoes? I don't know if that would help but I think you could find a larger quanity of wide tox box shoes there so you could have more choices. Check out Zappos!:flowers:

Julide, yes, thank you for replying. I've heard that ordering wider widths may work for me. Since childhood, my feet have been very narrow, but now with these bunions...I'm going to look for some wider widths that are available and also I bought some "gel" type orthotics, if you will, to put around my big toes and over the bunion. Hopefully I can come up with something that will work for me and still look good too.:smile:

Julide, yes, thank you for replying. I've heard that ordering wider widths may work for me. Since childhood, my feet have been very narrow, but now with these bunions...I'm going to look for some wider widths that are available and also I bought some "gel" type orthotics, if you will, to put around my big toes and over the bunion. Hopefully I can come up with something that will work for me and still look good too.:smile:

I think you have this figured out!! I hope you find some shoes that you like!!:flowers:Best of luck!!

About a year ago I ordered a pair of boots from 6pm.com in a "wide" because that was the only size they had and it was on sale. I was surprised at how comfy the wider toe box was. I've also found that raggwool socks are a big help because they're very cushiony. Especially when worn with the wide-sized boots. I buy them from REI.

I like Sanitas because they have a wide toe box.

By the way, I've purchased several pair of boots from Ariat that I've found to be incredibly comfortable, especially when worn with raggwool socks. They make mostly cowboy boots, but they have other styles.