bootcut >>> skinny?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. With the new trend towards skinny jeans, I've been contemplating something:

Would it work to take a pair of slight bootcuts (I'm specifically thinking of a pair of Earnest Sewn Hefners here, maybe a pair of paper demins too) and have them taken in to create the straight-legged skinny look? Or, do you think it would mess up the lines of the jeans? :smile:

2. it would mess them up..seriously.....I would just buy a new pair....

3. Yea, that won't be a good look.

4. If you really wanted to you could call up a tailor and ask.. I'm sure they'd be able to let you know if it was possible.

I ruined a perfectly good pair of bootcut sevens by trying to turn them into crops... big mistake.. they turned into flared crops!! :Push:

5. ^^^I suspect you guys are quite right...but I did think of trying it on some "superfluous" jeans that I wasn't wearing much anyway.

I was probably just being way cheap! But thought it could be worth inquiring:smile:

6. mand, i took a pair of scissors to my paige denim bootcuts and 5 minutes later, voila! just an alternative idea for you for your old bootcuts which are just lying around....:supacool: [​IMG]

7. ^^^now those look really cute! (and hard to screw up:smile:

8. oh please please don't skinny taper bootcut jeans. for a long time you couldn't find skinny jeans in the stores so one of my relatives who shall remain nameless has been tapering her bootcut jeans for years. IT IS NOT A GOOD LOOK. :yucky: you end up with a half seam down the back and the orginal seams are in wonky places on your legs. all around just :censor: up jeans. please do yourself and everyone who has to look at you a favor and buy a pair that's already tapered. :yes::biggrin:

9. Don't do that....some skinny jeans looks weird so you really have to go and try the skinny you like and buy it instead.....
    Another reason to get a new pair of jeans :rolleyes:

10. since skinny jeans are going to be in...

does that mean bootcut are out? i love bootcut

11. I agree it's best to just get a new pair and maybe not spend a lot if you are not sure if you are really going to like it or how long this trend will last. If you really want to make sure I would find a good tailor. I trust mine with my life and she always gives it to me straight on what looks good, what doesn't, etc.

I hope bootcuts aren't going away any time soon! I've got a bit of a boo-tay even when I'm in my best shape and the bootcut is very flattering on me. I guess with skinny jeans they are easier to tuck into boots so I might try that!!

Let us know what you find!

12. I do NOT want boot-cut going out anytime soon either! I guess I'm just preparing for the worst:smile: Skinny jeans do have a sort of "now" look since they've been in stores lately. But I definitely hope boot-cut will stick around -- so slimming.

Anyway, I won't touch any of my old jeans for now -- in terms of tappering them -- and if I get tempted, I'll check w/ a really good tailor first.

13. I don't think bootcuts are going to be out persay. Skinny jeans aren't going to appeal to everyone out there. Like with every fashion trend, I always try to be safe and say- do it if it really looks good, not because it's "in". When flares were in, I avoided them like the plague. I look really silly in them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice