Books & Music Books that are Heavy w/Designer References/Fashion Themes

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
OK, so here's another "bookworm" thread. Which books have you read that are heavy with designer references or have a fashion theme?

Of course, there's THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.

Other books I've read that are either about the fashion world or heavy w/designer references:

BERGDORF BLONDES, by Plum Sykes
SOME LIKE IT HAUTE, by Julie K.L. Dam
24 KARAT KIDS, by Judy Goldstein

I can't wait for SHOE ADDICTS ANONYMOUS, by Beth Harbison which comes out next week.

There's also FALLING OUT OF FASHION, by Karen Yampolsky which is a story similar to DEVIL WEARS PRADAS, and loosely based on Jane Pratt, editor of JANE magazine (the main character's name is "Jill White" and her magazine is called "JILL".

They're all "chick lit", very light, fast reading. Loads of fun!

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella!!!

I LOVE these kind of chick lit books! Addicted to them! It's horrible! But when it comes to reading my SCHOOL books...zzzzz

The only ones I can think of are:

The Right Address by by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman

Simply Divine by Wendy Holden

Of course, there's always The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed by Sara Gay Forden.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella!!!

I LOVE these kind of chick lit books! Addicted to them! It's horrible! But when it comes to reading my SCHOOL books...zzzzz

Im in the minority and have never read any of the Shopoholic series. After hearing so many of you recommend it, I think I may just have to give it a try!

Fashionista Files by Melissa dela Cruz and Karen Robinovitz.. it's like a reference book to me :biggrin: and I've read the Bergdorf Blondes and the Shopaholic Series as well. I've read TDWP and Everyone Worth Knowing by the same author.

yes, my immediate reaction was the Shopaholic series, I loved all the designer references, in the last one the Chloe Silverado made me want one again, but what I loved most was her describing a completely fictitious bag called the Angel bag, she made it sound so gorgeous and lush and covetable, that I began to wish it was a real bag lol :biggrin:

yes, my immediate reaction was the Shopaholic series, I loved all the designer references, in the last one the Chloe Silverado made me want one again, but what I loved most was her describing a completely fictitious bag called the Angel bag, she made it sound so gorgeous and lush and covetable, that I began to wish it was a real bag lol :biggrin:

LOL!!! That's the part I always think about too when I think about the Shopaholic series!!! :P And how she just seems to justify all of her purchases, especially the more ridiculous ones like cookingware that she doesn't need. And what she's thinking when she sees the credit card bills and the excuses she makes to the banker! I think reading the book helps us take a look at our own spending habits!!!

Hurry and go read it and tell us what you think! :smile:

Are you the type to completely devour the book in 2-3 days or do you read a couple chapters every now and then? I am definitely of the former and can't wait to get my hands on these other books I haven't heard about!

haha, at first i thought the Angel bag wasn't ficticious....i tried to google it and everything. silly me.