Bookermoose--we need your help

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
Hey, Ms. Montaigne Queen--on the authenticate thread is a question about an eBay listing for a Magnolia Montaigne--take a look. Seller has a BIN of nearly $2500! $500 over retail. Is the Magnolia color so rare (I know it was seasonal for S/S 2007) that much in demand??

Although magnolia is/was very sought after, the fact that the Montaigne now comes in the similar lotus colour for S/S 2008 makes me think that the magnolia Montaigne is definitely then overpriced - since you should be able to get the lotus for the current retail price somewhere (thanks to Blugenie for the link) http://www.rakuten.co.jp/tians/518999/760673/760674/869150/

I had started to think that they were not doing the Montaigne in the S/S 2008 pastels since no one had posted that they had one... does anyone have a Montaigne in one of the S/S 2008 colours and, if so, where are your pictures?!?!?!

Actually I think I was wrong - now that I look at the color codes I believe the montaigne in the website is magnolia after all. You might be right Booker, perhaps they didn't do a lotus montaigne?? I wonder if you can buy from that site! LOL

At least the magnolia auction has a Best Offer feature so the asking price isn't written in stone :tup: (disclaimer: I'm not the seller! Just a sucker for any pink BV :shame:smile:

So I guess the question of the day is whether anyone knows if there is such a thing as a lotus Montaigne?!? If so, then it would appear the eBay magnolia Montaigne might be somewhat overpriced since you could get a similar (but not identical) light pink Montaigne at retail...

MY question of the day, however, is whether the rakuten site ships here - since having now looked at it (thanks to blugenie) I want loads of stuff from there!!!!

^^ To answer YOUR question of the day Booker, this particular store doesn't seem they ship overseas, and this montaigue is unfortunately sold out (for unbelievable US$940/tax inclusive).

Rakuten is a huge online mall with gazillions of different stores, but most of them only ship within Japan as far as I remember and they often keep sold out items on site forever.

I saw a Montaigne in SCP BV store and if I remembered it right, it was called lotus color. I was telling my SA that this color looks like magnolia from last year but she said it's a different pink. It might be better to call BV to confirm. Hope this information helps.

I saw a Montaigne in SCP BV store and if I remembered it right, it was called lotus color. I was telling my SA that this color looks like magnolia from last year but she said it's a different pink. It might be better to call BV to confirm. Hope this information helps.

That would certainly make sense - since people who have seen both magnolia and lotus IRL have said they are similar but different... and did someone not post a picture of the two side by side or am I dreaming about that (I do dream BV these days...)?

In any event, I would think the two are similar ENOUGH that it would be hard to justify paying the premium above retail to get the magnolia Montaigne on eBay rather than the lotus Montaigne from a boutique... but that is coming from someone who hasn't seen EITHER lotus or magnolia IRL so what on earth do I know?!?!