Book tote small bag large

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
I am 5 ‘2 and I tried on the book tote in the large regular size the last time I was at Dior. I didn’t like it. It felt huge and bulky and stiff. However, I was also 7 months pregnant... so the pregnant belly may have been getting in the way.

do you think I might like the small better? Do you prefer the small or the regular large one?
Does the blue oblique design need to be baby’ed ? Or is the maintenance/ carefulness need to be the same with all prints? I see so many use it as a travel bag... and for me, travel bags are when my bags are given most of the durability tests. That’s when I’m most careless due to having a hundred things to do and 3 kids to watch.

I like the largest size of the Book Tote, but it may not be appropriate for everyone based on height. For your height, the small may be better. The blue Oblique one doesn't need to be babied that much because the canvas isn't light-coloured. Even the lighter spots are a greyish beige colour.

I’ve tried both sizes and am just one inch taller than you and I find the large one to be too overwhelming for a petite frame. I haven’t bought the small one yet but have it on my wishlist! It looks so much more proportional and yet still is a big bag and super spacious.

I've tried both as well and I found the large to be too big and overwhelming so I got the small once it was launched. I'm 5'5 so just slightly taller than you. Small works great for me and even fits my laptop!

Congratulations on your upcoming baby! I have a wee baby and have just bought a book tote in the size small as I'm very petite. I think the larger the size, the heavier it can potentially get as there's just more space to put more things in.
Please keep us posted on which size you end up getting!

I am dying to buy the Dior Tote! I think the large is going to be too large for me too. I am only 5 ‘3- I was leaning towards the smaller bag. Sounds like that’s the way I should go...

Reactions: sashinla
Hi all! Like many of you, I'm a shorty at 5'3 but going to Dior today to try on the small vs large was a game changer. I had my heart set on the small but after trying them on...I got the large. I think it really depends on the functionality and how you will use the bag. I know I want to use the book tote for weekend trips and travel and not everyday, so that's why I bought the large.

I highly recommend trying them on in boutique if you can and consider what you will use the book tote for vs other bags in your collection.

Reactions: averagejoe
I don't own either but I really, really want a small one. I'm short and the larger one looks a bit too much on me - plus it would be so heavy when packed full. And on a happier note - the small is also cheaper - a big plus in my books. If you're wanting a day bag then I think the small would look much nicer, for travel though I would go the large.

Reactions: sashinla
I don't own either but I really, really want a small one. I'm short and the larger one looks a bit too much on me - plus it would be so heavy when packed full. And on a happier note - the small is also cheaper - a big plus in my books. If you're wanting a day bag then I think the small would look much nicer, for travel though I would go the large.
Completely agree! I’d recommend getting one soon, if you can, since there will be a price increase next month.

Reactions: slayer