Book tote or lady dior d lite?

I think book tote is more practical, but it really depends on what you're looking for and want from a bag.

I prioritize bigger sizes these days, since I have too many small bags. I think both bags will require more care, since they're embroidered. You probably wouldn't want to set the book bag down on the floor, but if there isn't a free chair, or a table big enough, the floor is really your only option. I don't think the book totes have feet either.

Dlite is easier to put on a chair or table with you, so I think it would be more practical. It also has feet. Depending on where the dlite falls on you when worn with the strap, you might have to be careful of what you wear to prevent accidental snags. Regardless, if the bag is swinging and rubbing on you, it will see areas of more wear and tear.

--

I passed on the book tote since I really don't like how Christian Dior is plastered across them. It's a little too loud for me. I ended up getting an LV, Since 1854, On the Go bag. So far, I havent had any problems with practicality. I baby my bags anyway, so having a jacquard bag isn't a chore for me. Since I use my bag primarily as a top handle, I don't have any problems with rubbing on my hips. I do have to be mindful of things near my knees, but it's not an inconvenience or anything. I want to get a crossbody fabric bag, but the potential wear and tear from rubbing on my hips is really making me second guess myself.

I think book tote is more practical, but it really depends on what you're looking for and want from a bag.

I prioritize bigger sizes these days, since I have too many small bags. I think both bags will require more care, since they're embroidered. You probably wouldn't want to set the book bag down on the floor, but if there isn't a free chair, or a table big enough, the floor is really your only option. I don't think the book totes have feet either.

Dlite is easier to put on a chair or table with you, so I think it would be more practical. It also has feet. Depending on where the dlite falls on you when worn with the strap, you might have to be careful of what you wear to prevent accidental snags. Regardless, if the bag is swinging and rubbing on you, it will see areas of more wear and tear.

--

I passed on the book tote since I really don't like how Christian Dior is plastered across them. It's a little too loud for me. I ended up getting an LV, Since 1854, On the Go bag. So far, I havent had any problems with practicality. I baby my bags anyway, so having a jacquard bag isn't a chore for me. Since I use my bag primarily as a top handle, I don't have any problems with rubbing on my hips. I do have to be mindful of things near my knees, but it's not an inconvenience or anything. I want to get a crossbody fabric bag, but the potential wear and tear from rubbing on my hips is really making me second guess myself.

I was also looking at the LV Pochette Métis 1854. The embroidery is beautiful and understated. I love the embroidered bags, I guess I’m looking at cross bodies because that’s the type of bag I find the most versatile but I can see what you mean with the wear when it’s worn like that.

I was also looking at the LV Pochette Métis 1854. The embroidery is beautiful and understated. I love the embroidered bags, I guess I’m looking at cross bodies because that’s the type of bag I find the most versatile but I can see what you mean with the wear when it’s worn like that.
My boutique has the PM. It's so beautiful. I dont care for PM at all, but when I saw it in person, I couldn't stop looking at it. I've been eyeing the 1854 speedy in bordeaux, but not sure if I want to wait and see if any other brands put out fabric and/or embroidered bags first.

1854 is jacquard btw, so it's woven fabric. If something snags on it and a thread breaks, the fabric design won't be compromised. If embroidery snags and breaks, the design itself could be compromised -breaks can be more obvious, since it would be a "missing" thread. The other issue with embroidery is that a broken thread can leave the entire thread line more susceptible to coming undone. Technically, woven is considered more durable and better for longevity. If you want something "special" Dior in Lights is perfect, I think. If you want something better for everyday, Since 1854.

I love the Dior in lights embroidered collection but I can’t decide between the book tote or the lady Dior d lite. Which do you think is more practical?View attachment 4943068View attachment 4943068

View attachment 4943071
I had the same dilema. I kept coming back at the Dior store for the Book tote. But after trying on several patterns, color, and design, I ended up taking home the Lady Dior. I tried the exact same pattern on both the Book tote and Lady D Lite. Move to 11:12 of this video

It felt like a "love at first sight" kinda situation, so I'd suggest go for the one that sings to you most. ♥️

I feel your pain, I desperately want an embroidered book tote AND the d lite ( hardly have budget for even one though:angel:)
Although it's a lot dearer I think the D lite is a lot more useable and will be in style forever. The book tote can be heavy, does not have shoulder or cross body option and is more of day/shopping bag imo.

I have the large book tote, and have got so much more use of it than I thought I would. I love it! The woven quality is really sturdy and light weight. I use it for work (pre covid), shopping, running errands and overnight trips. After 1,5 years, it still looks brand new.
Now I really lust for the new flowery Lady D-light. However, I regard the functuality of the to to be quite different. The D-light is more like a purse, the book tote more - a tote.
1611574468725.png

I have the large book tote, and have got so much more use of it than I thought I would. I love it! The woven quality is really sturdy and light weight. I use it for work (pre covid), shopping, running errands and overnight trips. After 1,5 years, it still looks brand new.
Now I really lust for the new flowery Lady D-light. However, I regard the functuality of the to to be quite different. The D-light is more like a purse, the book tote more - a tote.
View attachment 4969112

Beautiful picture! Love your outfit! I like to think I’m a tote person but in reality I don’t use them very much. I’m a little perturbed at this price increase during a pandemic though so I’m still on the fence although the clock is ticking if I don’t want to pay more.

View attachment 4969112
I think the D-Lite would be one of the most user-friendly versions of the Lady Dior, since the embroidered canvas is quite sturdy. No need to worry about scratches compared to lambskin.

Hi!!
anybody any idea where I can find this one? I’m located in the US and saw it in a video from Australia.
thanks so much!!
It is from the Dior Hibiscus collection (for the Lunar New Year). Currently available online. I think some of the department stores are getting stock as well - though every year it's a mish mosh of who gets what and usually limited quantities. I'd call your nearest Saks or Bergdorfs or Bloomingdales to check.

• Love
Reactions: 880
It is from the Dior Hibiscus collection (for the Lunar New Year). Currently available online. I think some of the department stores are getting stock as well - though every year it's a mish mosh of who gets what and usually limited quantities. I'd call your nearest Saks or Bergdorfs or Bloomingdales to check.

Thanks so much! Should have thought about that earlier. However I do only have one NM rep on the west coast. If you have anybody else, maybe you could send me a PM? That would be super!
Anyhow, thank you!!