Book tote discolouration

This just happened to me. I looked at the bag and said to my husband why is the top purple? I immediately looked this up and I was lead to this thread. All around the top of the bag has turned in a very uniform fashion—quite obviously from the glue as it is also along the seams. I immediately called the boutique and took it in. They said it might take months and months for Dior to figure out what to do.

Last edited:
Horrible. Reminds me to check mine, although I am not at home at the moment, and the last time I checked was during the last post six months ago. Hope you get a replacement or credit back.
Yep! I purchase it on the cChicago boutique not a great customer service after I got passed along to SA saying that he have to ask his boss, been 72 hrs of no response.

Reactions: papertiger
This just happened to me. I looked at the bag and said to my husband why is the top purple? I immediately looked this up and I was lead to this thread. All around the top of the bag has turned in a very uniform fashion—quite obviously from the glue as it is also along the seams. I immediately called the boutique and took it in. They said it might take months and months for Dior to figure out what to do.
Wow, not good at all. In some book totes it’s the glue apparently - watch ”a heated mess” Cindy on you tube - ” my Dior bag is defective and they tried to gaslight me “
her book tote went off colour all around the glue seams and they tried to say it was wear.
The SA tried to gaslight me too but I am firm that I never worn the bag out.

Reactions: slayer
Horrible. Reminds me to check mine, although I am not at home at the moment, and the last time I checked was during the last post six months ago. Hope you get a replacement or credit back.
Still waiting for a response. SA said he’ll ask his boss. I don’t know but its been 72 hrs of no follow up.

What do you mean months? That’s quite long of a wait.

Exactly. I’ve been in contact with them now three times and once in person. They took my bag. This has been going on a week or more with the most recent contact being today with no resolution. I just called my bank and filed a chargeback. Like the woman said they cannot take your bag, offer no refund, and no resolution. Meanwhile I purchased another book tote and two pairs of shoes the day before I even noticed this as I pulled it out of the dust bag and was pretty astonished. I’ve used this bag maybe 10 times. The boutique even said it’s in beautiful condition, this is nothing you’ve done. They claim they have never seen this before and blatantly state, it clearly cannot be fixed. So my solution everything I’ve purchased is going back at this point and my bank will deal with them. I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

I am just reading this thread, and I am shocked. And mortified. I have had my own issues as a VERY loyal Dior customer, and unfortunately I find they are getting further and further away from their once remarkable customer service. I had a similar issue, and ran into the same abysmal responses as you are getting now. Once it was run up the food chain to the regional director, my issue was resolved instantaneously. From what I do understand, tho, each Dior boutique is a silo, there's no hierarchy, so no recourse when their response is less than appropriate. I've pretty much stopped buying and hear more and more awful stories. I am so sorry.

Reactions: papertiger
I am just reading this thread, and I am shocked. And mortified. I have had my own issues as a VERY loyal Dior customer, and unfortunately I find they are getting further and further away from their once remarkable customer service. I had a similar issue, and ran into the same abysmal responses as you are getting now. Once it was run up the food chain to the regional director, my issue was resolved instantaneously. From what I do understand, tho, each Dior boutique is a silo, there's no hierarchy, so no recourse when their response is less than appropriate. I've pretty much stopped buying and hear more and more awful stories. I am so sorry.
It is pretty astonishing and I’m sick and tired of the run around. I struggle with taking the pink riviera back and shoes but truly why would I support a company that won’t stand behind their products, and blatantly admit this bag cannot be fixed. I’m not one to voice displeasure on a public forum but this is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Meanwhile I’m without my bag as they wouldn’t let me keep it (pictures weren’t enough) after I explained I had traveled to bring my mother home after ten months of medical care out of state. My option was to hand over the tote with no resolution or timeframe as pictures taken by them and submitted to quality control would not suffice. It’s just unnecessarily frustrating.

I'm so sorry this happening to so many of you. It's about time hey had a standard response to the issue throughout the company and all locations. Utterly unacceptable. The wear and length of time owned should not be a reason to dismiss your case, bags are meant to be used and enjoyed and for a long time, this has nothing to do with wear and tear.

Please push as hard but politely as you can, not just through Dior if need be, many countries have trading standards on products that cover manufacturing defects. If chemicals in the glue used react to pigments in the dye that is on Dior, not their customers fault. If I was Dior, I would be recalling all the BiTs in the colour ranges affected. These are not cheap bags.

I wish you all luck but above all justice. .

I hope anyone affected gets a solution. Should be offered store credit or a replacement tote straight away. I’ve got one book tote and I’m worried now about this happening to it - service is non existent in Australia .

Took my book tote out of the dust bag so that I could use it for work (have been working from home for >10 months since I bought this bag) and got a rude shock of how discoloured it is all around the seams (even on the inside) — is this a norm for book totes?
This scares me. I have the same book tote and I haven’t really used it since i bought it. It’s been sitting in its dustbag and now I am afraid that when i bring it out it may have the same problem as yours. My theory is that the ink in the thread is bleeding through to the white / lighter thread. I’m really surprised that this is happening though because the oblique is not a new print. The ink or dyes should be throughly tried and tested. Unless they have used different threads/ ink/ dyes which are prone to bleeding and it’s only coming to light now.

Reactions: slayer and rkuro
I have a faded book tote which I bought in Japan and when it started discolouring, I brought it back to Singapore’s (my home country) Dior to ask for help, they took it in for 2 months and told me later that the discolouration was due to humidity and nothing could be done. No credit, nothing. This experience really scared and shocked me, not my first but the last Dior for sure.

• Sad
Reactions: averagejoe
I have a faded book tote which I bought in Japan and when it started discolouring, I brought it back to Singapore’s (my home country) Dior to ask for help, they took it in for 2 months and told me later that the discolouration was due to humidity and nothing could be done. No credit, nothing. This experience really scared and shocked me, not my first but the last Dior for sure.
That is terrible! They did replace mine as they absolutely should have. I won’t be buying any more book totes. I’m sticking to Hermes where quality it never in question. This is unacceptable.

I hope anyone affected gets a solution. Should be offered store credit or a replacement tote straight away. I’ve got one book tote and I’m worried now about this happening to it - service is non existent in Australia .
Hi there! I just noticed mine has some glue oxidation on the corner of the bag. May I ask how was your experience with dealing with an Australian boutique? I’m based in Sydney.