Book recommendations

*JJ*

En Vogue
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
i think there was a similiar thread, but i can't find it.

anyways, i am dying to read a really good book again but i can't find anything interesting that i haven't read yet.
i'm looking for something light, i've read too many sad books :amuse:
i want something hilariously funny or a nice romance.
actually, as long as it's good i'll read it.
any recommendations?
which book(s) did you love? which one couldn't you put down?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

I second Bergdorf Blondes. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella) series yet - those are light easy reads. I also loved Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger), The Second Assistant (Clare Naylor), Boy Meets Girl (Meg Cabot), The Boy Next Door (Meg Cabot), and quite a bit of Jane Green's books.. all very easy chick-lit. :biggrin:

I thought The Nanny Diaries was an easy read and I liked that one very much.

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume is one of my all time favorites.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is made for preteen/teen girls but it is a very easy and heartwarming read (a series of three books) and probably some of my favorites.

Currently (for the first time in a long time) I am reading a book. It is called the Ivy Chronicles and is compared to The Nanny Diaries and so far I really like that one too!

The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich are just hilarious. She's becoming a man hunter by accident who despises guns and is very clums. They are great.

Not a romance exactly, and definitely not funny, but Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth is an amazing read. I've read it about a billion times and I never tire of the story. The heroine is just a really fantastic character, it's absolutely engrossing!

Reactions: *JJ*