Book CLub?

if we do an actual book club (pick a book, we all read it, and then discuss) - I dont think we need a whole separate forum! we can have a sign up thread and then once we all agree on a book, we can have a discussion thread.

I'd definetely be interested in participating!

yeah we tried this before, It really didnt work out. I would love for it too though! I thought it would actually be cool to be in some sort of book trade club as well, ya know one read a book send it to the next on a list of people and so on and so on. Let me know if anyones interested. Mods let me know if thats even allowed? I buy at least 4-5 books a month and then they just sit there. Would love to send them off to someone who would read it!

I think the various book clubs didn't work out because everyone has such different ideas about what they want to read, KWIM? For example, if the focus is on "chick-lit lite", that leaves a lot of people out who are not interested in those types of books.

But a Book subforum would be AWESOME!!!! Hint, hint....

There was a book club thread a while ago ( think back in December), but it didn't work out. I really would love to be a part of one again! I love discussing/critiquing/interpreting novels and other literary works. I think it would be a great idea to start one again.

I think the various book clubs didn't work out because everyone has such different ideas about what they want to read, KWIM? For example, if the focus is on "chick-lit lite", that leaves a lot of people out who are not interested in those types of books.

But a Book subforum would be AWESOME!!!! Hint, hint....
That would be AMAZING!!!!! Hopefully someday!;) We'd probably have to take a poll to see if enough people were interested. I think there would definitely be enough interest! If we had a subforum, that would work much better, because we could create seperate threads for individual books, so everyone could read and discuss what they like!

We used to have one and I ran it, but things got so busy for me after Christmas time that I couldn't really keep up with it. It would be great if someone else would be able to pick it up though!!!

I'm going to start reading "Remember Me?" by Sophie Kinsella soon :P

That would be AMAZING!!!!! Hopefully someday!;) We'd probably have to take a poll to see if enough people were interested. I think there would definitely be enough interest! If we had a subforum, that would work much better, because we could create seperate threads for individual books, so everyone could read and discuss what they like!

this is a great idea! this way we could have several book clubs going on at once, in different genres! picking one book for the entire forum is nearly impossible.