Boogie Bucket Break-in Period??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies - I bought my first two Tanos, a French Nanny and a Boogie, and have just been carrying the FN, which is so comfortable. Today I switched to the Boogie and ran errands with it all morning, and I must say, my shoulder is sore and almost chafed from that stiff hard strap!! Please tell me that thing gets softer and less painful over time, cuz I really had a hard time with it! If it does break in, how long does it take? As you know, I am toying with selling the beaujolais Boogie, and if this doesn't get better, it's a definite goner! thanks!

2. mine took about a week of carrying it every day with my huge amount of stuff in it, but it is super soft now. You definitely need to give it a chance! Some other members have suggested hanging it on a doorknob with some weight in it to speed up the process a bit. good luck!

3. I don't have one (though I agree the FN is SO comfy!), but I second the idea of hanging the bag over a doorknob with all your things in it. That softens up the strap more easily than your shoulder. Given the sheer number of people who adore the Boogie, I have to believe that it does soften up and break in very well!

4. I hang mine on the doorknob. I've had it for maybe 2 weeks now and the handle seems a bit stiff, but definitely softer than when I first got it.

5. My boogie straps are a little stiff but still very comfortable for me. They don't seem to have changed much since new and I use them all the time. They just work for me I guess. The boogie is still my favorite Tano.

6. I also hung my Boogie on a doorknob and it did help to soften the strap a bit. The stiffness never really bothered me, but I know everything is a matter of personal preference. And hey, I'm sure if you decide to, you will have no problem selling that Beaujolais Boogie! :drool::graucho:

7. It may be the actual width of the strap, and just the way my shoulder is built, but I will keep at it since it's such a beautiful bag. Thanks for all your advice!

8. The doorknob hanging always does the trick for me!!!!

9. I hope it gets better for you Watson'sMom!

10. I carried my Boogie for a couple of weeks and it broke in nicely! Definitely do the doorknob trick. I put a few fat novels in there to really break in the strap. I too found the strap rather stiff, and although it still squeaks like brand spanking new leather (and makes me giggle everytime), it's much softer and more pliable. A very comfy bag. I love it to bits!