Bone Sophia or Purple Sophia?

Bone Sophia or Purple Sophia?

• Bone

• Purple

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 18, 2009
So I picked up a large purple Sophia today as an early Christmas gift from my parents. As it turns out, they tried to give me a floor model in crappy condition, so I brought it back and ordered a brand new one.

Here's my problem though. I cannot get the bone Sophia out of my head, she is literally all I have thought about since I left the store this afternoon.

I'm so worried about colour transfer though, all I wear is dark denim and dark colours. I also live in a city where we already have near a foot of snow, and dirty, grit filled snow from the roads is EVERYWHERE.

What would you do? I'm so tempted to exchange the purple for the bone as soon as I go to pick it up from the store.

I saw the bone Sophia yesterday and she is pretty! The leather has this shimmery way about it :heart:

I too wear denim a lot and have a Parker Hippie in bone that I love. I have not had a problem with colour transfer, but I think there is more care required for the lighter coloured leathers, i.e. cleaning more often, to help prevent this problem...IMO

I am not partial to this shade of purple...I would love to see the Sophia in an eggplant purple with silver hardware...that is just my personal preference :smile:

Please post pics of your final decision!

You think I'd be okay with the dirt and colour transfer factor, though?

I think dirt would wipe right off just because of the way the leather is, but I'm not sure about color transfer. I have the regular leather Sophia in black and I feel like I could just wipe anything off of it, but the color transfer would worry me a little especially with jeans.

But if you LOVE it, I'd still say go for it otherwise you'll probably regret it. I do have a vanilla/cream color bag (not Coach) that did get denim transfer on it, but I still use and love it anyways.

I have the purple sophia and love it. I never get bone or beige color bags with the exception of the bone maggie which was more taupe. And my personal opinion is that there will always be bone/beige/offwhite bags just like black and brown. However, since the bone is the color that you are drawn to, I voted for that one...always go for the one you love! If you get the purple instead it will be shoulda/coulda/woulda

I have the purple sophia and love it. I never get bone or beige color bags with the exception of the bone maggie which was more taupe. And my personal opinion is that there will always be bone/beige/offwhite bags just like black and brown. However, since the bone is the color that you are drawn to, I voted for that one...always go for the one you love! If you get the purple instead it will be shoulda/coulda/woulda
See, I think that would happen too. Though, I feel like I'd be too scared to use the bone, which makes it even worse.

I guess I have to see what happens when purple Sophia gets here. Hopefully she's in Vancouver or Edmonton, then it'll only take a day or two to get here. If I still feel like I need the bone at that point, then I'll exchange again.

What about patent camel color? Is that easier on dirt? You can also get bone color accessories to fill the need for that color. Get what makes you happy and do not settle for anything less.

I had a white leather (legacy) Ali and it got color transfer at times. Luckily, I had treated it with apple conditioner when I got it (2nd owner) and so it was easy to get most of the transfer off. However, as pretty as it was, I couldn't get over how nervous I would always be about transfer getting worse and it was never completely gone.

I also had a camel patent Hailey and it got color transfer. That one was worse and I couldn't get it off at all.

I personally won't buy light colored bags like these anymore because I want to enjoy my bags and not be worried about this all the time

You may just fall for the purple once it gets to you, the color is stunning...remember it is sold out now. I would be too scared to use the bone also...especially worried with the leather being gathered.

See, I think that would happen too. Though, I feel like I'd be too scared to use the bone, which makes it even worse.

I guess I have to see what happens when purple Sophia gets here. Hopefully she's in Vancouver or Edmonton, then it'll only take a day or two to get here. If I still feel like I need the bone at that point, then I'll exchange again.