Bonanzle vs eBay

Jan 15, 2010
I tried to search for a thread similar to one but couldn't find anything and if this is in the wrong place, please move it.

I have been selling on eBay for a few years but never sold on Bonanzle. After having some issues with eBay(buyers/bidders mostly) and high fees, I have been thinking of using Bonanzle to sell handbags.

Those of you who are familiar with both can you help weigh the pros and cons?

Thanks!!!

Coach10619

Obsessed
May 20, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Buyer's on Bonanzle CAN file a claim w/ paypal if they don't recieve thier item but, not if the item isn't as described. So, IMO, there is less buyer's remorse on Bonanzle.

Bonanzle's fees are less.

The only thing I think ebay is better for is the traffic. Ebay has WAY more traffic than bonanzle so, items sell faster and usually for more on ebay but, Bonanzle is growing bigger everyday!

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
Bonanzle is a terrific place to sell, though it doesn't get as much traffic as Ebay so you may have to wait around for a bit for it to sell. As far as fees go, I recently sold a bag for $300 on Bonanzle and their fee was only $5. Of course I had the PayPal fee but it still came out cheaper than Ebay.

If you don't want to deal with returns Bonanzle is a good place because unlike Ebay you're not essentially forced to take them. Still of course you want a happy buyer so make sure to be accurate in your listings, take good pictures and mention even the tiniest flaw you think might effect buyer satisfaction.

I'm sure some others will chime in with some pros and cons. :smile:

Linda

nancyxwu

handbag addict
Jan 10, 2010
USA
I saw ebay is better for the traffic and the protection (for buyers and sellers). Yeah, the fees suck and it's high, but if you list on bonanzle, you're probably gonna wait weeks for your item to sell, if it does sell.

boracaysun

Oct 13, 2008
New Jersey
If you are not in a rush, you can do it through Bonanzle. My items took months to even get someone to just ask a question about it. I sold probably 1 item every other month.
If your item is more popular and you think a lot of people are interested in it, it might sell quicker.
If you want your item to sell quicker, then the better place would be eBay.
But either place, there will always be problem buyers.

Jan 15, 2010
I ended up listing my handbags on Bonanzle. It asks for 'traits' and only gives the option of New With Tags or New Without Tags. Why isn't there a Preowned option? And does it make a huge deal if I don't select one? I mentioned in my description that the handbag is preowned.