Bonanzle SCAM and it is a TPF member!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Hi Girls and Guys

Okay so I recently purchased 3 handbags from a seller on Bonanzle under
    'monnalisagabri' and let me tell you, this seller is a SCAM.

I had ordered 2 Chanel bags and a Lady Dior with her and she sent me a dollar store handbag with some tissue!

Im am overwhelmed, upset, and tired of hearing horror stories of loser sellers wasting peoples time and hard earned money!!!

I have contacted my Local police dept, Bonanzle, Paypal, My Bank, The italian police (where she is from), the Internet fraud complaint center ETC. I am currently doing everything I can to get my money back, and return her pathetic dollarama toy.

The problem I have is that 1/3 of the money I transferred using a 'wire transfer' *idiot I know* but she was a TPF member, had 100% feedback on Ebay AND had authentic photos of Chanel and was extremely responsive to my concerns/questions/emails.

What should I do now? Has anyone been successful in getting all there means back?

For furture reference AVOID THIS SELLER AND TPF MEMBER:

xBONANZLE ID: MONNALISAGABRI
    EBAY ID: MONNALISACOCO

SHE IS SENDING AUTHENTIC PHOTOS OF CHANEL BUT SENDS NOTHING BUT A 2 CENT PURSE!!!

ANY HELP/ADVICE on what to do would be greatly appreciated :smile:

2. I am so sorry this happened to you. I don't know what to tell you but hopefully the ladies on this forum will have some good advice.

3. I have no advice, but I'm so sorry this happened. Did you buy them on Bonanzle or ebay?

4. Oh my gosh. So sorry you are going through this. On the flip side, I just posted another thread asking about how a SELLER can protect themselves against a BUYER who says they sent a fake bag! Guess it really is scary for both sides!

It sounds like you are doing everything possible to get your money back and get the Seller caught. I will send out positive vibes your way. I hope this turns out ok for you!!!! Good luck.

5. Hate to be a negative nelly, but that last post raised an eyebrow for me...

6. Yeah she is not an established TPF member as she has only made 2 posts in the last 2 years.

7. Exactly, check out her thread she just posted...

8. juicy.97 I purchased through Bonanzle.

I know her TPF doesnt seem too legit...however her Ebay account was 100% positive.
    Anyone have any familiarity to the Italian Police or live in Italy and can help me out!

It would be an excellent resourse to go straight to the italian police and have them track her down. I have her banking information (from the wire transfer), her name, address, postal code, city etc. including her phone number!!!

If she does not respond to my emails tomorrow, I am going to try that number she provided, and if any of you girls know any TPF members in Italy willing to report this for me on there end let me know!!!

Here was the Bonanzle listing as well:

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/monnalisagabri/items/18610156?from=1oTNEvfvDA

What a scammer I can't believe I fell for this one...
    to make matters worse...1 or 2 days before I received my package she got a negative review from another buyer saying *buyer beware*!!! but I had already transferred funds by then :sad:

This sounds harsh, but im willing to do everything I can to get this thief behind bars so any help is greatly appreciated!!!

It might be an excuse to go back to Italy...

9. HOLY SHIITAKE~ This is insane- after my HORRID transaction with a seller from the UK, I will NEVER, EVER buy ANYTHING ever again outside of the US. I know that there are scammers in the US as well, but fighting this crap when it is overseas is much more difficult. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you, OP. :sad: This is horrible. I would be interested to hear what comes of this, please keep us posted. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do in the meantime. I am still fighting to get my $$ from UK seller of a FAKE bag. :P

I am so very sorry. :sad:

10. What thread? The last thread she started was in 2008, unless I am missing something, LOL!! Then she posted a month ago congratulating someone on a chanel.

11. Wow...I'm so sorry you're going through this hell, and I hope you can at least recover part of the money.

What about the two other bags? You said you bought three. Have they arrived?

For future reference and for others reading this thread: buying a frequently faked, $1700 Chanel bag listed with a single photo from a new-to-the-site, zero-feedback seller in another country is a terrible idea. It's beyond risky and, with all due respect, unwise. And to buy not one, but three...:faint:

Not saying it's the OP's fault--she got scammed, and the scammer is the criminal, not the victim. Sadly, we are surrounded by scammers. We have to protect ourselves out there.

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

12. What a shame...

13. hey guys, 2 things - don't post tPF IDs in threads like this, it's almost never allowed.
    2nd, please don't drag other member's issues/drama from other threads please. Let's keep to OP's topic.

:ty:

14. ack, 3rd thing - you cannot have 2 IDs :sad:

15. I am DISGUSTED for you. So sorry to hear that and I hope you get your hard earned money back. GLUCK!!!