Bonanzle Has Changed Their Name

there's a writeup on auctionbytes today

<snip>
Bonanzle is changing its name to Bonanza and has acquired artisan marketplace 1000 Markets, a site founded by John Wedgwood and Matthew Trifiro in 2007 and funded by PayPal-backed Founders Fund. According to the company, 1000 Markets items will soon be listed on Bonanza, and its URL will redirect to Bonanza.com. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

1000 Markets is an artisan marketplace much closer to the culture of Etsy and ArtFire than eBay or Bonanzle. It only allows the sale of finished goods, not supplies, and does not allow the sale of digital goods.

Bonanza founder Bill Harding said the cultures of the two sites were eminently similar, which was a big reason he felt the acquisition made sense. Both marketplaces are focused on SKU-less, non-commodity items, and both communities have passionate seller bases who are have a "can-do" attitude, he said. "Certainly, there will be significant differences between the sites, but we think most of those differences will be positive for merchants (e.g., lower fees, more payment types accepted, more buyer traffic)."

<end snip>

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y10/m09/i21/s01

So... what happened to the Bonanza days? :oh:
:sad: No mas?
I can still set one up via Bonanzle, but cannot via Bonanza; which is btw not even loading for me right now... :shucks: Already not liking the switch.

Last edited: