bonanzle.com?

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
I'm starting this thread just because there has been a lot of threads talking about how ebay has been treating sellers really badly lately(me included).
I've been looking for an alternative and I read about some TPFers talking about a site called bonanzles.com, but it really is in it's infancy at the moment with only around 1000 members. I just wondered what people thought of it and if they would consider selling their bags on an alternative site to ebay?
I think the main problem is that because it's a new site, there are few people selling, which would restrict potential buyers visiting the site,but it is free to list so requires no financial commitment which is good.
What do people think about this site?

I've heard the best alternative to fReaKbay is onlineauction.com

I've heard the same thing, but when I went to their site, it was VERY small. Wasn't worth for me to pay their fees/dues up front, since my pop art prints aren't that expensive to begin with. They require everything up front before you're able to sell, but once you pay a specific amount, it's unlimited, which is good, but not good if nobody goes there to shop.

But not for long, two years tops -- I'm sticking with my prediction...
fig54.gif

bonanzle.com sounds like a good idea since there is no fee to list. Until it gets more popular, I would probably try to sell some smaller items on bonanzle (or at least stuff I don't HAVE to sell right away.) and the other stuff on ebay too just to see how it goes.

Oh, you haven't heard? I traveled far beyond the edge of the world
spi29.gif
to see the most ancient of Oracles. It received me and empowered me with unprecedented psychic abilities. Now I, your friendly fReaKbay pSycHic
fig54.gif
predict, that the bay has two years tops before a competitor it's own size
fig62.gif
takes over the online auction biz. Probably more like 18 months. The bay and it's PayFoe are on a path of self-destruction
mx34.gif
, and the end is near, my friend. Just hang in there.

I'm starting this thread just because there has been a lot of threads talking about how ebay has been treating sellers really badly lately(me included).
I've been looking for an alternative and I read about some TPFers talking about a site called bonanzles.com, but it really is in it's infancy at the moment with only around 1000 members. I just wondered what people thought of it and if they would consider selling their bags on an alternative site to ebay?
I think the main problem is that because it's a new site, there are few people selling, which would restrict potential buyers visiting the site,but it is free to list so requires no financial commitment which is good.
What do people think about this site?

Hi, I have an account at http://www.bonanzle.com

I think it's great for sellers because it's free to list right now. I've been a member there for about a month. You can fetch listings that you have on eBay to http://www.bonanzle.com with just one click. You can also transfer your feedback from eBay. Did I mention listing an item only takes 2 minutes? vs. eBay probably will take me an hour to list. LOL.

When I joined, they only have 246 members... now have 1217 members! I think they are fast growing because of words by mouth. I'm sure if we promote this site enough, they will be buyers and sellers commitment just like eBay.

The founder of the site (Bill) is awesome too! You can send him personal message and he replies almost right away!

Hope this helps! ;)

Last edited:
Oh, you haven't heard? I traveled far beyond the edge of the world
spi29.gif
to see the most ancient of Oracles. It received me and empowered me with unprecedented psychic abilities. Now I, your friendly fReaKbay pSycHic
fig54.gif
predict, that the bay has two years tops before a competitor it's own size
fig62.gif
takes over the online auction biz. Probably more like 18 months. The bay and it's PayFoe are on a path of self-destruction
mx34.gif
, and the end is near, my friend. Just hang in there.

LMAO!!!! :roflmfao:

I only hope you're right. I'm keeping an eye out. :feminist:

As a seller, traffic is crucial and I have reviewed 22 sites so far. Regrettably no have much momentum. I was teased with another site coming on line in late October of November and ask for more info, but have not heard yet.

It has been suggested the eBay may actually be behind some of these. Maybe to see what works and maybe to divide and conquer. In other words, if the marketplace is scattered all over there is no momentum for any one.

OnlineAuction looks good but I was researching their founding members and found a disturbing number of them who no longer have a selling presence on the site. If I were watching my site, I would remove them or answer why they are not selling.

Etsy still looks good for hand crafted items, but a major competitor of ours has gone missing. She is missing from eBay as well, so maybe bad fortune has knocked on her door. Sorry to see it happen to anyone.

It really is depressing how *bay has us by the balls. Literally.

Per your suggestion, Steve, I have tried to list a small percentage of my pop art prints directly from my website, and have only sold two—and that was to a buyer of my pop art from *bay (because I disclose my website URL in all of my listings). So it seems, even with my account with Google Ad Words, I'm not getting the traffic I desire.

So for now, I HAVE to post on *bay until my traffic increases. I hate having to pay somebody else fees when I have my own website, but traffic is key. Who else is going to buy?

It will take time onegirlcreative. You should also have an extensive e-mail list from your eBay sales. There is a way to gather that and feed it into an excel spreadsheet so you don't have to do it manually.

I used to do it manually and eventually got tired. I tried a month of sales this past month by the excel method and loved it. I have yet to go back and see how far back I can get info, but I need to do it.

Have you captured that and created a newsletter or a link to your blog?

I would try some other venues as well. Did you look at etsy?

I am tempted to list in all the sites I know and create links to my website. With only 10 or so items in each, I will see which, if any bring me business, then migrate to it more and more.

eBay is still the powerhouse but sooner or later...... No one ever answered my question as to why this site does not do more with the market. ??