Bonanzle buyer protection

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Hi ladies
I am looking to make a very large purchase on bonanzle. One of the threads I found on here from 2009 states that even with PayPal, you have limited protection and if the seller has withdrawn the $$ from their account, forget about it. I checked the pp site and whilst vague, it does sound like there is more protection than I saw posted here from 2009. Have the protection rules changed a lot since 2009? Is buying on bonanzle through pp safe? The pp website says so but all forums including this one say that eBay and pp is the only true safe avenue.

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
Hi ladies
I am looking to make a very large purchase on bonanzle. One of the threads I found on here from 2009 states that even with PayPal, you have limited protection and if the seller has withdrawn the $$ from their account, forget about it. I checked the pp site and whilst vague, it does sound like there is more protection than I saw posted here from 2009. Have the protection rules changed a lot since 2009? Is buying on bonanzle through pp safe? The pp website says so but all forums including this one say that eBay and pp is the only true safe avenue.
You are absolutely protected by paypal as a buyer, whether it's ebay or bonanza. If there is a problem with authenticity or SNAD, you will be refunded by paypal (the seller's account will be charged; you will get your money back). Ebay is not the only truly safe avenue when you pay with paypal. I have bought on Bonanza and had a seller tell me after I'd paid that they had sold the item; I got a refund. Bonanza is actually easier to work with (their customer service) but if you pay with paypal on any bidding site, you are covered and golden.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Wow, good to know. A thread I found on here from 2009/2010 said that ebay was the only way to get your $$ back...that buying on Bonanzle only affords you a SNAD if the seller has the $$ in their paypal account, if they have $10.00 in their account, all you get back as the buyer is $10.00. That sounded odd to me so of course, i wanted to check here. I tried to bump and update that old thread but b/c it was over 1000 days old, the forum wouldn't let me resurrect it. When I am planning on making a 1600.00 purchase from a country overseas, I want to make sure I am 100% protected...as one would imagine.

You are absolutely protected by paypal as a buyer, whether it's ebay or bonanza. If there is a problem with authenticity or SNAD, you will be refunded by paypal (the seller's account will be charged; you will get your money back). Ebay is not the only truly safe avenue when you pay with paypal. I have bought on Bonanza and had a seller tell me after I'd paid that they had sold the item; I got a refund. Bonanza is actually easier to work with (their customer service) but if you pay with paypal on any bidding site, you are covered and golden.