Bolides

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My first one. I saw 3 Bolides in the SD store. A rouge Garrance 31 Clemence with GHW, A Soleil with PHW 37, and a Beigeish color 37 cm.

I think a Bolide should be my next bag. Any thoughts/ideas/leathers that I should consider?

Is Clemence heavy in this style? There are also some choices on TLP.

Any thoughts on those?? Thank you.

http://www.the-luxury-portal.com/item_383/Hermes-37cm-Ostrich-Bolide.htm

http://www.the-luxury-portal.com/item_426/Hermes-37cm-Bolide.htm

Marron Fonce Fjord

http://www.the-luxury-portal.com/item_414/Hermes-37cm-Marron-Fonce-Fjord-Bolide.htm

2. A great understated/under the radar bag, highly functional. The choice of leather really depends on the look you want to exude with the bag. A stiff smooth leather (like Box) on a 31cm would lend you the classy elegant look whilst a smooshy leather (like clemence) on a mou 37cm would be more casual.

I find a 37cm clemence Bolide is considerably lighter than clemence in a 35cm Birkin. The bag itself is not as big/bulky.

3. #3 Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    I'd go for non-exotics either full leather or toile version in size 31/37 and above; fun combos (e.g. vibrato) or exotics (prefer in ostrich, in fun colors) in size 27 and croc in size 31. I saw an orange swift vibrato bolide in size 27 GH w/strap on an owner yesterday and it was cute.:tender: Marron Fonce Fjord Bolide:tup:.

4. Are Bolides easier to find in the UK or Europe?? It maybe cheaper..

5. ^Should be.

6. potiron in togo would be my choice!

7. I've seen quite a few on the shelf in Selfridges London.....i think as it's such a small shop want you see is what you get so you have to be lucky with colour etc.

8. My store had a couple recently one in Epsom i think 37 price was around £3350 pounds

9. Personally, I think the Bolide looks better in structured leathers. This is one of those bags which I think looks much better standing up alone on its own, instead of being floppy. So I'd go for sturdier leathers like epsom/fjord.

But of course, to each their own :biggrin:

10. I agree with you, I don't think floppy suits the Bolide, I would second fjord as a leather, but as you say each to their own :biggrin:

11. Bolides are great! They are so easily to get in and out of - like - zip-up and go kind of bag. I think they look gorgeous both mou and structured, just dependent on the occasion.
    A very classy bag! ;)
    Good luck on your search!

12. Thank you. I prefer structure as well. I appreciate the input. I think my strategy is to find one in Europe or UK. Thank you everyone so so much. I love tpf!!!!!

13. I love bolides! I have two 37 mou, and I think they're great for casual wear. I think structured leathers are okay, they add a little more 'formalness' (can't think of a better word at the moment) to the bolide. I'd love to get the rouge h that's on Luxury Portal right now!

14. ^^ The rouge H is very nice but I don't know much about Vache Ligee so I am a bit hesitant..

15. I love the rouge H bag as well. Vache Liagee is perhaps my favorite Hermes leather- it's lighter than other textured leathers, doesn't have the veins so it's very even, & holds the shape great. I say go for it- the price is great for a near new Bolide. VL is more expensive than other textured leathers but totally worth it if you ask me. I've had my VL Birkin for a number of years now & it still looks great!