Bolides: 31cm vs 37cm

yes you do! get one!

Talk about enabling!!!

One of my dilemmas is that I love - LOVE - potiron. I can't get enough of it. As a non-bold colour wearer, it is my perfect colour. And I think you are right: the bolide looks great in orange (it looks great in a lot of colours, but I am picky about colours and gravitate to neutrals). I just got a GM picotin in potiron. The debate raging in my mind for the past 30 or so minutes, THANKS TO YOU, is this: would a bolide in potiron compete too directly with my picotin? Would I favour one over the other? Or are they sufficiently different? Could I relegate the picotin to summer and casual outings, and the bolide to travel, work, and cooler weather?

If my husband knew what went through my head on a daily basis...eeeeeeeeee!!!

piaffe. I think if you got a 31cm Bolide in Potiron, you would really find it a hard choice between that and your Picotin.
I think a Bolide would suit you gorgeously. But maybe in a different colour, and definately the 31cm if your Picotin is a PM.
Another colour though, would be fab!!!!

piaffe. I think if you got a 31cm Bolide in Potiron, you would really find it a hard choice between that and your Picotin.
I think a Bolide would suit you gorgeously. But maybe in a different colour, and definately the 31cm if your Picotin is a PM.
Another colour though, would be fab!!!!

Ah, but my picotin is a GM - and I know, for sure, that I would want the bolide in a 37... I admit that I can't come up with another "colour" neutral as perfect as potiron. I *adore* looking at raisin - but I'm not a cool tones person. Would I wear raisin? REALLY wear it? Similarly, BJ is nice to look at, but I would not know what to do with it!! (It isn't "me".) Vert anis, I also really like - but a 37 might be too much vert anis for me. And I LOVE vert olive - but I think I like bolide in bright colours.

I blame guccigal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, but my picotin is a GM - and I know, for sure, that I would want the bolide in a 37... I admit that I can't come up with another "colour" neutral as perfect as potiron. I *adore* looking at raisin - but I'm not a cool tones person. Would I wear raisin? REALLY wear it? Similarly, BJ is nice to look at, but I would not know what to do with it!! (It isn't "me".) Vert anis, I also really like - but a 37 might be too much vert anis for me. And I LOVE vert olive - but I think I like bolide in bright colours.

what about brique..........different but similar and still neutral

I don't think you can equate Bolide sizes to Birkin sizes as their widths and shapes are different. I was surprised to see the the 37cm Bolide was not as large as I thought it would be. I think the curve makes it seem smaller. It certainly feels smaller than a 35cm Birkin IMO. I have three 31cm size, but I think that my next will be 37cm and probably in a mou style.

I have a 31 potiron togo Bolide and a 30 blue jean swift Birkin. I find the 31 holds everything I need it to and more. I'm petite so I think the larger size would overwhelm me.

piaffe, what would think about a Bolide in gold? that's a warm neutral. Or if you want it for winter wear maybe congnac? Just a thought. I happen to love your idea of vert olive for winter wear. For my next Bolide I want another for Spring/Summer so I'm thinking perhaps gold w/toile.

Wow!!! I would love that Katel!!! I am kinda shy, but it would br greaT TO MEET YOU!!!
YAY!!! That would be fantastic!!
have one on order with my SA, just hoping she can fit it into the time slot.
Let me know the next time you are in the UK, we will def have to meet up!!!

I can't wait, Raz - it's a date! :yes:

hold on.....

YOU HAVE ONE ON ORDER???!??!?!?!?

Oh my dear heavens to murgatroyd! Can you tell us more??? :yahoo:

I am trying to wait and really figure out color and skin...when what I'd rather do is just get on the phone and grab one now! Oy!

Here's a 31cm (blue vibrato) compared to a 1923 (orange) which I THINK is a fraction smaller than the 31cm ie 30cm: I love the orange 1923 - the double zip and outside flap but I wish it came with a shoulder strap like the Bolide - it's too useful not to have.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here's my noisette Bolide, 31cm and my 35cm Birkin:

The 31cm Bolide is a pretty substantial size - it seems, to me, to be a bigger bag completely to a 30cm Birkin, far more than just 1cm might suggest. I think if you prefer the 35cm Birkin, then a 31cm Bolide might still be the right size for you.

attachment.php
attachment.php

There's a pic of me modelling a 37cm Bolide, I'll try and find it...

Attachments

• bolide1923.jpg
    bolide1923.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,722
  • bolide1923andbolide31.jpg
    bolide1923andbolide31.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,739
  • june07bolide2.jpg
    june07bolide2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • birkinwork.jpg
    birkinwork.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,638
OK ladies - you are all complete enablers!!!!

I won't hijack guccigal's thread any further - but I take your suggestions (brique, camel/cognac, possibly vert olive) under advisement and plan, in the VERY near future, to start my own S.O.S. thread.

In the interim, I kind of hope guccigal goes for it, gets an orange (potiron?) bolide 37 (I vote 37!!!), and takes more of her great modelling shots so that I can persuade myself about how amazing it looks. And then I can give myself permission to get it too!!

:P

Thanks piaffe, here's the pics DH took when I chose the 31cm noisette - I was comparing the size to a 37cm blue brighton clemence - gorgeous bag:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's a pity the store didn't have the same colours and leathers Bolide for comparison. I think structured 31cm Bolides look bigger than 31cm slouchy Bolides, something else to consider when choosing the right size.

Attachments

• bolide37.jpg
    bolide37.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,777
  • bolide31.jpg
    bolide31.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,012
  • bolide31and37.jpg
    bolide31and37.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,856