Bolides: 31cm vs 37cm

Would someone assume...

that if you like 35cm birkins...you would like the 37cm bolides better

and people that like 30cm birkins like 31cm bolides?

I love love love 35cm birkins and I am thinking of a bolide...

orange clemance/togo OR a barenie bolide!

That does make sense but I still think a 31cm Bolide would look wonderful on you even though you love the 35cm Birkins. Barenia is very structured and this makes the Bolide appear quite big and although togo or clemence is floopier, in orange, such a bright colour - this will also appear quite big. I have a 35cm Birkin and a 31cm Bolide BUT at some point I would also like a 30cm Birkin and a 37cm Bolide so I'm not much help, lol. Either way, Bolides are wonderful bags - they glide through the crowds and the shoulder strap is so useful, my DH says they are the 'thinking woman's Birkin', it's his favourite bag, more than the Kelly or Birkin. I would love love love more Bolides, both sizes, squooshy and structured (mine is structured) different colours and I also also love the large travel Bolide, gorgeous bag.

Lots of inspiration, pics and info on HiHeels wonderful thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/ode-to-the-bolide-79563.html

SCL, throwing me for a loop!

LOL...yes...I can be difficult... I think the bolide 31 (especially in rigide...and I prefer floopy birkins) can be kind of funky, hip, modern... I tried the Web II last week and it was fun, too... Blame it on S'Mom and Wongnumber...my fashion consultant and fashionista friend...

I'm with SCL on this one...
I use the 35 Birkins as totes and the 31 Bolides as a practical handbag. I think it really depends on what you want to use it for. I don't use Bolides to carry lots of stuff, so I don't have much interest in the 37 size.

The 37cm can carry loads of stuff!!!
GG you gotta try them on. :Poitoron would be gorgeous.
At the moment I am in a personal dilema, I love the Bolide.
But Poitiron (sp?) against Bleu Brighton?????
Ack!!
I seriously want both. But it aint ever gonna happen!!

I'm with SCL on this one...
I use the 35 Birkins as totes and the 31 Bolides as a practical handbag. I think it really depends on what you want to use it for. I don't use Bolides to carry lots of stuff, so I don't have much interest in the 37 size.

Toss my vote in with SCL and Pepper - I wear 35 Birkins and 31 Bolides, for the same reason as Pepper - I use the Bolide as a handbag, not a tote.

I think it may depend on if you like the compact look or the super tall look in the Bolide. That's about the way I see the two sizes. I happen to *really really* enjoy the shape of a rigid 31 Bolide - I think the proportions are perfect, height to that sexy tight span at the bottom. The "jut" at the bottom is perfect with the height of the 31, imo.

Did you know that the Parisians wear more Bolides than Birkins? :P Those French women do know a thing or two :yes:

What color/leather/structure are you thinking gg? Have you been over to the Ode to the Bolide thread to :drool: recently?

(oh, and Raz...I'm with ya girl.....have fallen hard for the Lindy as well....one day we'll both have one - and, after that, the next time I'm in England, you and me and our Lindys can meet up - what a great dream! :yahoo: )

Toss my vote in with SCL and Pepper - I wear 35 Birkins and 31 Bolides, for the same reason as Pepper - I use the Bolide as a handbag, not a tote.

I think it may depend on if you like the compact look or the super tall look in the Bolide. That's about the way I see the two sizes. I happen to *really really* enjoy the shape of a rigid 31 Bolide - I think the proportions are perfect, height to that sexy tight span at the bottom. The "jut" at the bottom is perfect with the height of the 31, imo.

Did you know that the Parisians wear more Bolides than Birkins? :P Those French women do know a thing or two :yes:

What color/leather/structure are you thinking gg? Have you been over to the Ode to the Bolide thread to :drool: recently?

(oh, and Raz...I'm with ya girl.....have fallen hard for the Lindy as well....one day we'll both have one - and, after that, the next time I'm in England, you and me and our Lindys can meet up - what a great dream! :yahoo: )

Wow!!! I would love that Katel!!! I am kinda shy, but it would br greaT TO MEET YOU!!!
YAY!!! That would be fantastic!!
have one on order with my SA, just hoping she can fit it into the time slot.
Let me know the next time you are in the UK, we will def have to meet up!!!

I'm a bid Bolide fan. Just received my second one yesterday-a 37cm chocolate with gold hardware. My first is a 37cm Hermes orange with palladium hardware. You just have to try on for size. I love the 37cm because I'm the kind of woman who wants everything handy when I need it and the 37cm holds lots of stuff.

I do tend to use the Bolides as my every day bags, along with my Birkin. My Kelly is black and I use that more often when I "dress." Bolides are perfect for everyday but they can easily be dressed up with a nice scarf (H naturally).

Hope the feedback helps. There are so many lovely bags to choose from.

hhmm... this is so bad!

I think I will still use it mostly as a handbag, shop, do errands, etc more casual...travel..etc.

I do want a shoulder bag one today. maybe trim heehe

the bolide is probably the most user-friendly of all the bags. the top opening ease of the birkin, lightweight, the benefit of the optional shoulder strap.............its more understated and less recognizeable than the birkin or kelly but i see an awful lot of chic women with them ..........i will say that i have bright color phobia and i think the bolide's softer silhouette is the perfect vehicle for a wow color. a 35 birkin in orange is kind of a major statement but on a 37 bolide its a little more subdued....................cant wait to see what you end up with!