Bolide vs Lindy

Q-Liz

Jan 6, 2010
Hi everyone, I m about to purchase my 2nd hermes bag. My 1st was a picotin. Im torn between Lindy 26 & Bolide 31. Has been looking at them both for days now and still cant decide between the two. May i have some suggestions? which will be a better buy and what would be a color to buy. Thanks in advance for your inputs. :smile:

Great question Q-Liz. My very first H bag was a 26 cm Lindy in etoupe clemence. I love this bag to pieces. It is very under the radar as far as bags go. No one knows what it is when I carry it (live in Toronto, so H bags are not as common here as they are in NYC). It is incredibly comfortable to wear and I find I have no problems accessing the contents in my bag. I keep one strap closed through the toggle, leaving the front strap open for easier access. I chose a very neutral color that goes with almost everything I own and can be dressed up or down. I love the fact that the Lindy can be carried on your shoulder as well as by hand or through your arm. Very very versatile bag.

I really like the bolide as well, and would love to add one to my collection one day, but there is only one thing I don't like about it....I don't like how the handles can only stand straight up, so if you choose to carry the bag on your shoulder with the longer strap, the handles are left standing up-right. If I were to change anything about he bag's design, I would have the handles drop down against the sides of the bag when one uses the long strap.

Great question Q-Liz. My very first H bag was a 26 cm Lindy in etoupe clemence. I love this bag to pieces. It is very under the radar as far as bags go. No one knows what it is when I carry it (live in Toronto, so H bags are not as common here as they are in NYC). It is incredibly comfortable to wear and I find I have no problems accessing the contents in my bag. I keep one strap closed through the toggle, leaving the front strap open for easier access. I chose a very neutral color that goes with almost everything I own and can be dressed up or down. I love the fact that the Lindy can be carried on your shoulder as well as by hand or through your arm. Very very versatile bag.

I really like the bolide as well, and would love to add one to my collection one day, but there is only one thing I don't like about it....I don't like how the handles can only stand straight up, so if you choose to carry the bag on your shoulder with the longer strap, the handles are left standing up-right. If I were to change anything about he bag's design, I would have the handles drop down against the sides of the bag when one uses the long strap.

Ditto everything she said! Except mine was a 30 cm lindy and I kept both sides zipped and accessed through the opening.

I also love the bolide (only in mou though and a 37 cm) but probably would only use as hand/arm carry because of the handles - as she mentioned.

You really can't go wrong with either one!

Wow! Two VERY different bags! THe Lindy is a somewhat "trendier" bag with it's zippers etc. People either love them or hate them - some find them hard to carry - the bag itself is very wide and when worn on the shoulder, it must be pushed "behind" rather than at ones side.

The Bolide is a classic Hermes bag. It can be hand-carried or carried on the shoulder. I don't like the lack of pockets inside - the SA who was showing me one said I just needed to buy a whole bunch of Hermes SLG's and that that would solve the problem! At that price, I sure couldn't consider spending still more money!

I don't think either bag would work for me, but of the two, I prefer the Bolide.

I have both bags. I think that for your first bag I would go for the one that you can get the most use out of. I use my Bolide and my Lindy equally. I don't mind the handles when using the shoulder strap on the Bolide, but I also usually wear the strap cross body. The Lindy has great use too, I think for your first bag figure out what your going to use it for. I think the Bolide could be both formal and everyday, while I think the Lindy may not be to me at least. Good luck with your descision!!!(Sorry:shame:can't spell.):flowers:

Wow! Two VERY different bags! THe Lindy is a somewhat "trendier" bag with it's zippers etc. People either love them or hate them - some find them hard to carry - the bag itself is very wide and when worn on the shoulder, it must be pushed "behind" rather than at ones side.

The Bolide is a classic Hermes bag. It can be hand-carried or carried on the shoulder. I don't like the lack of pockets inside - the SA who was showing me one said I just needed to buy a whole bunch of Hermes SLG's and that that would solve the problem! At that price, I sure couldn't consider spending still more money!

I don't think either bag would work for me, but of the two, I prefer the Bolide.

I agree with India about the two being very different bags, but I don't find my Lindy to be very wide at all. I have the small size (26cm), so I don't have to push it behind when I carry it on my shoulder. This problem might arise if you carry the larger sizes of the Lindy perhaps. And I also forgot to mention another benefit to the Lindy over the Bolide...the Lindy has countless pockets to carry cells, etc. There are two on the outside at either end, and two on the inside at either end.

I owned a 34 Lindy and don't anymore. I found it to be an endlessly roomy bag. I had trouble carrying it. It was actually too big for me. In a smaller size, like a 30, it probably would have been better -- but -- the 31 Bolide -- I just got. I also have a 37. The bolide is very unforgiving, unlike a Lindy or a Kelly or Birkin. You can only get so much in it and that's it. It holds my essentials and zips up. I never use the shoulder strap. I only purchased the 31 because it was so gorgeous and I manage with something smaller. I would think that a 26 Lindy would be really tiny, but you could get more in it, because the bag is essentially a smooshy box.

I love my 30 cm Lindy. I can fit as much in it as a 35cm Birkin (but no files. I don't carry files in my purse anyhow, but know that some do) and I find it easy to access with both sides zipped and the flap open. Because of the way it folds over on itself, i also find it secure. I love the outside pockets for easy access to the phone and a place to put those NYC parking lot tags or valet tags or whatever I might normally be digging for eons in my other bags to find. I don't find that I have to push my 30 cm to the back when I carry it over my shoulder.

Bolide, baby. Bolide!
I love the bolide 31 as it is a light weight and a very neat, structured bag. Sometime i "casualise" it by leaving it unzipped and work (almost) as a tote. I use the strap as well, but while the kelly looks nice with a strap, the bolide's strap looks a bit out of place (in my opinion anyway) - like, as the bag is not "flat" like the kelly - it's "round" and structured, so i thought it looks a bit strange. (might work better with the mou though :smile: )

I don't yet own a lindy - I would love to own one one day and see how she feels. Currently the bag does not seem to fit my lifestyle, but one would never know until you try :biggrin:.

All the best with your choice!! ^_^

I have a 30 Lindy & love it! I think the shape is very unique & get compliments on it. I find it very comfortable on my shoulder as well as in hand or elbow & I don't need to un zip to get my wallet out etc.

To me, bolide looks more formal & I'm not a fan of it in slouchier leathers. I like the fact that the Lindy shape is more interesting & it also seems to hold more items, more neatly.

BABY LINDYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! \(^(oo)^)/

i'm already on the hunt for my second one, and i just added the first to my H collection in September! holds WAY more than my 25cm birkins, and i actually get stopped and/or complimented more frequently than for my birkins or kelly

Since you already have a picotin, I vote for a bolide as you can use it for different sort of functions. Since the lindy is a casual bag too, it could probably decommission your picotin.

are you looking for another casual H bag? the lindy is very casual and chic but I'd never bring it into a formal setting. the 31 cm bolide, especially rigide, could be both casual and formal.

ironically, the bolide was the bag that drew me to H in the first place, and yet, i've pretty much purchased every H bag there is and never gotten the bolide. :shrugs: i still think i'll get one eventually, but i love my 30 cm lindy - very easy to use, very easy to organize w/o a purseket, and I don't have to push the lindy behind me when I carry it.

not helping you pick which one but helping you decide:

i have a 34 and find it a tad bulky but i love that i can stuff a lot in it and it won't feel heavy. love the outer & inner pockets. didn't get the 30 bec the strap is a tad longer on the 34 and sits comfier on me ( i had the chance to try both) I'm barely 5'2" BTW. you cannot pack it flat. i don't bring it with me on travels simply because (for a couple of years now) i always buy a new bag on vaca and cannot stuff it inside my handcarried rolling luggage. i dare not check it in.

bolide - love to own one 1 day but not yet (SB2 first). i'll be getting a 37 bec i like roomy bags. i tried one on in etoupe and it's surprisingly gorgeous. if i hadn't bought 3 bags before i would have snapped it up then & there.