Bolide Rubis or Rouge Garance?

Lucynancy

O.G.
Mar 1, 2012
Dear Tpf friends, I've been thinking of adding a red color Bolide to my collection. Between Rouge H, Rubis or Rouge Garance...As I want a Rouge H Kelly, I'm deciding between Rubis or Rouge Garance for the Bolide. I would most appreciate any feedback. If you have pics of these 2 colors side by side, would be wonderful too. Thank you

I have both rubis (bolide) and Garance (Evelyne)and will post photos tomorrow for reference! They are equally beautiful! You can view the in the clubhouse thread in the meantime.

attachment.php

Here you go. This is not quite accurate, if you go to the bolide thread and search for rubis bolide you will find more accurate depiction of rubis which is a lovely ruby red in Clemence. The garrance here is also too bright, it is an understated deep reed with more warmth. They are different enough for me to have both. good luck on your decision!

Last edited:
I find that an H color can look different on one type of leather than another. I passed on a rubis K in clemence as I didn't find it as vibrant as when it's in swift. I think color is better saturated in smooth leather. You may want to check the reference thread on the red colors to see how both colors look in different leathers. I feel rouge H is somewhere in between rubis and RG. If you want a bright red then go with RG and if you want more red-pinkish tone then go with rubis. G'luck deciding and can't wait to see your reveal.

I find that an H color can look different on one type of leather than another. I passed on a rubis K in clemence as I didn't find it as vibrant as when it's in swift. I think color is better saturated in smooth leather. You may want to check the reference thread on the red colors to see how both colors look in different leathers. I feel rouge H is somewhere in between rubis and RG. If you want a bright red then go with RG and if you want more red-pinkish tone then go with rubis. G'luck deciding and can't wait to see your reveal.

Thanks, Fabfashion!

I have both rubis (bolide) and Garance (Evelyne)and will post photos tomorrow for reference! They are equally beautiful! You can view the in the clubhouse thread in the meantime.

attachment.php

Here you go. This is not quite accurate, if you go to the bolide thread and search for rubis bolide you will find more accurate depiction of rubis which is a lovely ruby red in Clemence. The garrance here is also too bright, it is an understated deep reed with more warmth. They are different enough for me to have both. good luck on your decision!

Thanks so much for the pics! Rubis seems to be 'softer' red.

Like Fabfashion said, Rubis varies a LOT depending on the leather. In Clemence I feel it has a dusty, muted quality, but in Tadelakt it is a very intense, pink-based, cool-toned red. RG, to me, is exactly the color of Heinz tomato ketchup--a classic warm red. It may be that you tend more toward cool or warm colors in your clothing, so this might help you to decide whether the cooler Rubis or warmer RG would suit you better. Good luck!

Reactions: prepster
Like Fabfashion said, Rubis varies a LOT depending on the leather. In Clemence I feel it has a dusty, muted quality, but in Tadelakt it is a very intense, pink-based, cool-toned red. RG, to me, is exactly the color of Heinz tomato ketchup--a classic warm red. It may be that you tend more toward cool or warm colors in your clothing, so this might help you to decide whether the cooler Rubis or warmer RG would suit you better. Good luck!

Thanks, Mindi B! Right now, I'm leaning towards Rubis...

Thanks, Mindi B! Right now, I'm leaning towards Rubis...

If you're pulled toward a Rouge H Kelly, you might be most comfortable with the cooler reds with either cherry or pink in them. I know I am. I have Rouge H, Rouge Vif (a pinkish lipstick bright red), and Rouge Venitien (terra-cotta with pink undertones). My next red bag will hopefully be Rubis. RG is lovely, but not me.

Reactions: prepster
If you're pulled toward a Rouge H Kelly, you might be most comfortable with the cooler reds with either cherry or pink in them. I know I am. I have Rouge H, Rouge Vif (a pinkish lipstick bright red), and Rouge Venitien (terra-cotta with pink undertones). My next red bag will hopefully be Rubis. RG is lovely, but not me.

Thanks, Arabesques...I have RC birkin. Also strong red like RG but you are right, I prefer cooler reds. Good luck on your next bag Rubis :smile: