bolide preference

favorhermes

Sep 15, 2007
For all of you bolide lovers, do you prefer the rigid leather or a soft leather?

for quick reference, if you could please tell me which leather your bolide is in and if it is soft or stiff.

I think the softer leather seems like it would be more comfortable to get in and out of, but the stiff leather would keep the shape of the bag better. Which do you have, use, like? and why?

I love the bolide and plan on getting one over the next year or so but want to think about it to death first. tia.

Mine is Chevre so it's a bit on the stiff side. I love it because it's so easy to get in and out of.....I could EASILY see myself with a Web II though for my next Bolide in a soft leather. I enjoy having the variety!

favorhermes, while I don't own a H bag yet, but my dream Bolide is of the rigide variety. :smile: I love the structured bottom. Although, mou is fab too. It depends on your personal prefs. :smile: Good luck on your quest. :smile: We need more Bolide reveals on this forum. ;)

Slouchy girl here....love my mou! My black clemence bolide is a great everyday bag:heart:plenty of room yet not too big and very easy to get in and out of...

PGN, my bolide is the mou styling in clemence like yours in the 31cm.. I've had it almost 5 years. About 3 years ago, I tried a rigid construction in chevre but, returned it, discovering that I prefered the softer mou.

Now, some years later, I feel I would like to try a rigid style again, but in softer leather than the chevre I tried. Perhaps a rigid bolide in clemence this time.

PGN, my bolide is the mou styling in clemence like yours in the 31cm.. I've had it almost 5 years. About 3 years ago, I tried a rigid construction in chevre but, returned it, discovering that I prefered the softer mou.

Now, some years later, I feel I would like to try a rigid style again, but in softer leather than the chevre I tried. Perhaps a rigid bolide in clemence this time.

I love how tastes/likes can evolve over time with hermes! I have my first box item on it's way to me. I never thought I would venture into the land of box leather but now I obsess over it!