Bolide or Paris-Bombay?

1. I was just wondering if you had the choice, which bag would you purchase - Paris-Bombay or Bolide - and why?

I'm an Hermes novice but I'm thinking that one of these bags should be mine and since I like both styles I thought I'd ask you guys what you think....I'm leaning a little toward te Paris-Bombay simply beause I like the shape.....I asked today at the Hermes store in San Francisco if they had any Paris-Bombay bags and they said they only got two in and they were already bought. It seems like you have to get on a list for one at least in San Francisco. The Bolide's seem to be easier to find.....

2. My preference would be the Paris-Bombay. I love the shape and style of it all. I love the ease of the opening and how you can get into the bag for use.(after all, that is why we buy them, don't we? :smile: ) I just prefer the entire look overall when compared to the Bolide. I can honestly say, I never (fo me, that is) liked the style of the Bolide. I like how the Bombay says, "look at me". I do feel the bag makes a statement and it truly holds a great deal as well. So that is where my vote goes. Oh, I know it will be in style for years and years to come. Good luck! What color are you thinking about?

3. WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Didn't you just buy all the Hermes little goodies and then say your first bag won't be until next Mothers's Day? Hee hee. Am I remembering correctly? WOW...have you changed it to this Mother's Day now? That but has gotten you quite fast!!!!

I say nothing like planning now.

4. I am not familiar with the Paris-Bombay and wish I could see a pic.
    I do have a black box 31cm Bolide with gold hardware which I used a lot for a few years...now it's resting...lol. I also had a 37cm ebene clemence Bolide with gold hardware which I sold to my sister-in-law for a steal. The 37cm felt too slouchy for me (I'm 5'3") but was gorgeous!
    I guess I'm no help...let's see...the Bolide is great if you like a zipper because everything stays secure. I know there were several Bolides at Neiman Marcus here in Troy, Michigan when I last checked.

5. Shopmom411 Do you have any photos??

6. VERY VERY tough question!!! I love both. I recently bought a bolide bag, and love it so much. But I am also waiting for my SA to get Bombay bag (it is reserved for me). Your question is very hard. I know it is not a helpful answer, but 'GET BOTH!!!'.

7. I don't have much of an opinion but if you're thinking of both bags, whichever comes your way first would be it!

8. you darlings (& Vlad) are adorable! Believe me, I am a bit more...ummm.."mature" shall I say?
    Honey, which handbag makes you feel spectacular?
    If you can not decide, my dear, hold on...
    My first was a gold Kelly togo 30 cm. I usually carry her as my everyday bag, as everyday to me is a special occasion!!!

9. The Bolide is a chameleon - can look very classic and formal when done in Box, Epson or Chevre rigide. When done in the Mou slouchy style in a bright Togo or Clemence, it's very fun and casual, but can also be dressed up for nice daywear. Also, what size? This really makes a difference in its look. 27cm or 31cm?

The Paris-Bombay is a little more formal and dainty, especially in the PM and goes from day-into evening a little better than the Bolide 31. It's strictly a handbag, where the Bolide has a detachable strap.
    So, many options to consider!! Most of all is how you plan to use and carry this bag! What fun and both are amazing!!

10. I agree with Greentea about the Bolide being very versatile: I had a rigid Bolide which I eventually sold, that looked pretty formal, whereas the one I have now is mou Clemence and it's much more casual...I think they are both very functional bags, having zippers and also are light weight...I think it's more a matter of what style you prefer because, as I said, they are both very practical bags...:biggrin:

11. YES, Kellybag....it's me asking this question right on the heels of some yummy purchases yesterday at Hermes! I actually went in to not only buy a scarf but to check out both those bags for a future purchase...I've been bitten by the Hermes bug, that's for sure! LOL

I'm leaning more toward Bolide now after reading all your posts because for one thing, I need a bag that's casual and I love slouchy leathers vs. rigid ones. The one they had at Hermes yesterday was a 31cm which looked just right proportionally (I'm 5'3") but it was rigid which I didn't care for. I need to bone up on my leathers and colors before I make any decision and hold out for the one I love.....

Is there a web-site where I can see the different leathers and colors?

Arcangel, WELCOME! You're comments are wonderful - I'm 48 and just now purchased my first Hermes items....I must have been living under a ROCK! I have a lot of lost time to make up for and need to win the lottery....:love:

12. Luxwear.com has a leather chart. Also eBay is a great place to look for pics. For a super-soft, slouchy Bolide, I recommend Clemence leather. For a color, how about Blue Jean with white stitching?!!

13. It's a difficult question because I love both! I think I would choose the Paris-Bombay. Seeing La Van's pictures with the twilly on it, it is just so pretty!!!! Or I would get a Bolide in a fun color. :love:

14. When I was in Hermès today, I saw two Clemence Bolides (both 37 which is my size) one was BJ with white stitching and the other Rouge Vif...both TDF!!:love:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice