Bolide & Kelly, anyone use the shoulder strap?

I keep the strap inside my Kelly (just in case). I think the chicest (is that a word?) display of Kelly stap use was Gwyneth Paltrow in The Perfect Murder!:heart:

I do love both these styles & like that they come with a strap, but I'm wondering if these are cumbersome or if they're really usable. Of course, either of these are still a dream for me, but a girl can dream, can't she? I just want to be "ready" with my dream bag should DH get a sizable bonus. I just found out that there's an independently owned boutique in my area (cleveland, oh). Anybody ever been there?

Amy
The strap on my Kelly is light, fairly slender and very easy to attach. I tend to put it on the Kelly every time I wear her and then hold the strap and the handle together when I am holding her, hand-held, which is 90 percent of the time. It is thin enough to carry at the same time as the handle with, I hardly notice the extra bit of leather in my hand. The shoulder strap otion is just so handy for that last 10 percent of the time, in a shop looking at stuff, opening/closing the bag etc, it's so useful and I also like the casual effect and extra interest it gives the bag, draped around it when I'm carrying it hand-held. Most of the time, I am dressed-down fairly casually anyway plus the Kelly is grained leather in a retourne style and in gold and large, 35 cm, so it is all quite casual for a Kelly (which can be a very formal bag depending on the style and colour etc)

i love the strap ,so even though i have a vintage kelly i found a strap for her and i have a GP and i modified it (of course did not harm the bag in anyway or change it )to accomodate a strap ,--even though i do not carry them with the strap it is nice to know it is there in times of need and have used it as well ,that is why ,i am not veered towards a birkin

I always use the strap with my Kelly and that is the only way I carry it. It's useful and you'll appreciate it when your hands are full and plus, once on your shoulder, there is no chance of leaving it anywhere else.

Thank you--I have 2 young boys & can't imagine not having a shoulder strap. I always love the look of handheld bags, though (satchels & so forth). I'm thinking vert anis would be lovely, wonder if anyone has ostrich in this color? Anyway, thanks for your thoughts!

Amy

not sure with Bolide, but i like the idea of using a shoulder strap with Kelly, it's very chic and Parisien! i have also ordered an extra cotton shoulder strap in a shorter length Feb this year at the made to order department in Paris