Bolide: how do you decorate yours?

siuman

O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
Hi!

I just got a new Bolide (Blue Brighton - I can't imagine DH can still find a new one at H store!) :yahoo: and want to ask if you
1) wear your bolide as it is or
2) decorate your bolide with with H accessories?

I have been decorating my Kellys, Birkins, Carabas, Lindys and Victoria primarily with silk pom poms and charms.

For my first Bolide, somehow i could not figure out how I can make this her more "standout" with decorations. (and I ran out of silk pom poms...) Therefore, I am now asking for your advise.

Mind sharing with me how you decorate yours? I tried looking at ode to Bolides link... but not a lot of bolides there are decorated....

Attached is mine with a Tiger key chain!

Thanks heaps!!

Sorry for the fuzzy pix, took it with my iphone as my camera battery is dead....

Attachments

• DSC00090.jpg
    DSC00090.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,660
Last edited:
I don't put anything on my Bolide, as I don't like it when charms etc. bump into it when I carry it. I love yours, and love your charm as well, but I can't see myself putting one on my Bolide. I would put my carmen on the rings that hold the shoulder strap, but as mine is vintage is doesn't have a shoulder strap option (and it has gold hardware which clashes with the silver hardware of the carmen). I am considering getting another one in black phw (mine is rouge h), which I think I will decorate with twillys around the handles and a carmen on the rings, just to brighten it up a bit :yes:

Thanks IFFAH and Graceilla.

I am actually still contemplating whether I should put the Tiger Charm on the bag... as it may seem a little "childish" if I take that to work...

Yes!! Graceilla - you are right about the Carmen!! And ur Rouge H one TDF!!

Thanks heaps for both of your comments! Really appreciate ur help !! :hugs:

Last edited:
usually plain but sometimes like this-

attachment.php

Attachments

• bolide with breloque.jpg
    bolide with breloque.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,073
Reactions: Luvquality
Mine is plain too, I even took the cadena/lock off it as the strap of the cadena kept getting in my way when I wanted to zip the bag up.

BTW - it's a great idea for a thread - I'm surprised no one had thought about decorating a Bolide before. We're all so used to seeing decorated Birkins/Kellys so I'm sure there will be some ideas!

Annie - the Breloque looks great with the Bolide. I have the leader charm bracelet and somehow it looked quite clumsy when being hanged on the Bolide (i think the clasp kind of clashes with the rings for holding the shoulder strap).

Thanks Lilach! My cadenas are usually gold in colour (as most of my birkins are in gold). Perhaps I should start looking for one in silver to match with the Bolide!

Thanks Hermes FSH! :yes:Somehow i have not seen a lot of decorated bolides.

@ H-shops the SAs sometimes decorate the Bolide with silver charms (Kelly or the dice one or flying horse) or with a twilly.

Hope more TPFers would share with us how they decorate their bolides!

One of the things I like about my Bolides is that if I remove the cadena altogether there is not much hardware visible so that I can wear either gold or silver color jewelry. I am somewhat obsessive about matching jewelry with bag hardware unfortunately.

But if there is a day when you would like to decorate your Bolide (gorgeous color by the way) I think a twilly would be lovely. And also a different cadena as Lilac suggested.

I use the same accessories that I use for my Birkins for my Bolide. It is so plain (no hardware) that I really think it needs something! I use my leather charms or cadena. I love dressing up my bags but with only one item at a time. If I use a special cadena then I don't use a leather charm, etc.

One of the things I like about my Bolides is that if I remove the cadena altogether there is not much hardware visible so that I can wear either gold or silver color jewelry. I am somewhat obsessive about matching jewelry with bag hardware unfortunately.

But if there is a day when you would like to decorate your Bolide (gorgeous color by the way) I think a twilly would be lovely. And also a different cadena as Lilac suggested.

I am too obsessive about matching hardware to jewellery! My Bolide has gold hardware, which I really dislike, but since it is hardly visible without the cadena I can live with it. I love the plain look of the Bolide sans adornment, it's so minimalist and stylish.