Bolide color suggestions?

veeleigh

O.G.
Jan 9, 2009
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409369292.614036.jpg

Hello ladies,

I would like your suggestions for mou bolide 31 colors. I thought I wanted a nice bright red but the rouge garance bolide I just bought (and am returning--photo attached) just didn't sing to me. To me, it comes across as an orange-red whereas I like cooler blue-based reds. Does anybody know what color Christine Lagarde's red bolide is? That was my inspiration!

I currently have a 35 gold birkin, 32 retourne etoupe Kelly, 28 etain jypsiere, and leather garden parties in etoupe and rouge H. I pretty much have the neutrals covered, and my browns are Bottega Veneta hobos.
I do also want a 30 Lindy, and I was thinking maybe a purple for that (anemone or UV or something like that), and plan on placing a special order for a 28 sellier Kelly in navy box calf in January.

Given all this, I would greatly appreciate some suggestions for colors to consider for my bolide. I would still consider a red, and do think I would like a red, but still want a pop of color. Rubis togo? Anemone (I have looked but have not seen a single picture of this color in a bolide)? Rouge vif (is that even possible?) Pictures would be most helpful.

Thanks so much!!

definitely think color swatches at the boutique would help you more than anything
the next best is to look up hermes color swatches online

what an amazing collection you have there
keep adding to it

View attachment 2734745

Hello ladies,

I would like your suggestions for mou bolide 31 colors. I thought I wanted a nice bright red but the rouge garance bolide I just bought (and am returning--photo attached) just didn't sing to me. To me, it comes across as an orange-red whereas I like cooler blue-based reds. Does anybody know what color Christine Lagarde's red bolide is? That was my inspiration!

I currently have a 35 gold birkin, 32 retourne etoupe Kelly, 28 etain jypsiere, and leather garden parties in etoupe and rouge H. I pretty much have the neutrals covered, and my browns are Bottega Veneta hobos.
I do also want a 30 Lindy, and I was thinking maybe a purple for that (anemone or UV or something like that), and plan on placing a special order for a 28 sellier Kelly in navy box calf in January.

Given all this, I would greatly appreciate some suggestions for colors to consider for my bolide. I would still consider a red, and do think I would like a red, but still want a pop of color. Rubis togo? Anemone (I have looked but have not seen a single picture of this color in a bolide)? Rouge vif (is that even possible?) Pictures would be most helpful.

Thanks so much!!
Love Anemone. I saw Bolide in this color and totally fell in love.

Rouge Casaque is my very favorite H red - I can only wear bluish reds, and RC is a beautiful bluish red. I also love Anenome, but honestly think I would try to find an RC bolide before an Anenome...

Good luck, what a fun dilemma to have!

I like the idea of a Rubis bolide. It's a great cross between purple and red and think it would look fabulous on a bolide. As others have said, check out swatches at the store but I think Rubis would be the perfect red/blue/purple color.

Reactions: Deneuveness
I'm sorry the Rouge Garance didn't work on you.
Rubis has strong pink undertone though, so that might not be what you're looking for.
Rouge Casaque is a current-ish red colour that is cooler. Other than that, perhaps Vermillion.
I'm not 100% sure but I think Christine Lagarde red Bolide is Rouge Garance.

Veeleigh - based on the photos, it seems that you have a more classic style. I would not pick Anemone as I think it is not a classic color (though, no doubt, beautiful).
Consider Rubis. It is red & classic. As you have a very fair coloring, the pink undertones will suit you better than a stronger red like Rouge Garance.

My fav color too. My first n only Birkin is RC n get compliments on it all the time.
we have similar coloring and i am looking at bolides right now. what i constatated is the following: rouge casaque does not look that good, if to choose between two, garance is better, but you did not like it. co sider rubis, it looked and felt great, very i teresting color, bright enough not to be screaming - like RC.
what about blue bolides?