Body Shop Founder Kept Her Word & Left NOTHING Despite The $200M Fortune To Her Kids

Not exactly what this thread is about, but I have always admired Anita Roddick(I didn't realize she was a Dame)--she was ahead of her time with her emphasis on no animal testing, eco-friendly packaging, refillable containers, etc. She deserved her success and died too young. I'm certain her children have everything they need, and it doesn't surprise me at all that she left her estate to charity.

I've also read that Warren Buffet is leaving his fortune to charity. He's already donated a lot to Bill and Melinda Gates' foundation, I believe.

I thought that it was only the US that had obnoxious death and inheritance tax..........how can you get taxed for dying??

It's absolutely disgusting to me that the government takes their chunk the first time around......and then taxes again on inheritance......and it's because they can.

Makes me sick!:cursing:

I dont know, I agree with them saying this is a relief. No fighting over money because no one is getting any.

I have seen what arguments over inheritance can do to families, not pretty.

That was nice that the founder wanted to donate her money to help third world countries and other nice things.
well said!:tup:

I think she did a great thing by not leaving her kids anything...she had the foresight to know that it might have caused problems and she thought everything through, or at least it sounds that way. I'm actually rather impressed!