Boden Breton tops

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone familiar with these? I got my order today, which contained two of these, both size 16. They fit pretty well at this size. But since they're 100% cotton, I am a little anxious they might shrink. I am also concerned that if I exchange for the 18, they'll be gigantic, and will require shrinkage.

I don't typically toss my clothes in the drier other than briefly to dewrinkle on extra low...but I don't know if that's enough to shrink a cotton top.

Thoughts?

2. I have two and both have actually stretched from being worn rather than shrunk in the wash. I'm not a huge fan and probably wouldn't buy one again, but maybe they'll work out for you. :smile:

3. #3 Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    I think you will be fine. Especially if you wash them and line dry. Their stuff is pretty well made and holds up. I have a few things that have held up for about 7 years.

Plus, Boden has excellent customer service. I also buy boden for my kids and they allowed me to exchange two items; considering the washed items as defective because they shrank. After the first wash I called them to buy the items in a larger size. CS asked me why since I already purchased the items. I mentioned I loved the items and wanted them in a larger size because they had shrunk after I washed them. They insisted they take them back and sent me a new item in larger size, instead of me giving them more of my money.

4. Boden do have really good customer support.
    I had one of their breton stripe tops and it was lovely thick material but slightly too big for me so I never ended up wearing it - ended up consigning it.

5. EXCELLENT. Ill stick with this size. I went with white with navy and navy with white. I know, I live dangerously.