Bobbi Brown Neons and Nudes Collection

Update: I went by the BB counter today and the lip colors are beautiful, I chose the neon pink lipstick and given that I dont have a UD naked palette I did buy the BB palette which I think will get plenty of use.

I swatched the nude palette on the back of my hand and nothing showed up. As in really nothing. I mean, I know it's supposed to be nude but there was absolutely no colour payoff. I think you'd get the same effect with translucent powder. And I loved the original nude palette ... but this is a miss for me.

I got the pink lipstick and gloss and now I'm having second thoughts. Do you think neon pink makeup is a fad that will quickly pass? My lipsticks last forever and I dont want to buy something that I will only use for one summer.

I bought the nude palette and the two neon lipsticks and ended up returning all 3. The nude palette didn't have great color payoff and the colors were too similar (all mid-tone tannish). I found myself wanting a lighter tan/yellow to use as a base or a highlight tone.
Honestly I think I was only drawn to this palette originally for the neon coloring.

The neon lipsticks didn't have great texture. I know they're supposed to be matte, but that doesn't meant they ahve to be drying. For the neon pink, I already have MAC's impassioned, which is very similar and goes on much more slickly. I'm sure I can also find a slicker neon orange that goes on more smoothly.

I bought the nude palette and the two neon lipsticks and ended up returning all 3. The nude palette didn't have great color payoff and the colors were too similar (all mid-tone tannish). I found myself wanting a lighter tan/yellow to use as a base or a highlight tone.
Honestly I think I was only drawn to this palette originally for the neon coloring.

The neon lipsticks didn't have great texture. I know they're supposed to be matte, but that doesn't meant they ahve to be drying. For the neon pink, I already have MAC's impassioned, which is very similar and goes on much more slickly. I'm sure I can also find a slicker neon orange that goes on more smoothly.

That was very helpful. I wasn't too impressed with the Bobbie lipstick either. I'm going to hunt down the impassioned lipstick you mentioned. Thanks for the recommendation.