Boardwalk Empire

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Who's watching ??

2. Me... and I'm completely lost! :huh:

But I'm gonna stick with it because I was the same way with True Blood in the beginning.

3. Lol I will give it some time

4. Ok, it picked up like halfway through. I'll give it another go next week.

5. Me too. I'll have to re-watch.

6. I am interested...might help to read the bios on hob.com...it was hard to follow...I re-watched

7. Nope, won't be watching. I woke up while it was starting. soon as I saw the "New Orleans Jazz Band" in Black face, that was enough for me.

There is enough racism in the world without me haveing to watch it on a weekly basis on my tv shows.

8. I'm recording it & will watch it later. It has a good pedigree so I'm hopeful for another great series.

9. I like it so far. Good period references.

10. I have it taped on the DVR...

11. I was blown away by the first episode. They've been hyping this show for like a year now, so it was going to have to be excellent to meet my expectations, and it exceeded them. Love this show.

12. #12 Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    I really like it too. Steve Buscemi is a great actor and really can do no wrong.

But I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE Michael Pitt. I've loved him since Hedwig.

Then:
    [​IMG]

Now:
    [​IMG]

13. I was so looking forward to this show! Watched it last night and loved it!

14. ^re: blackface......weren't they trying to keep it historically accurate? It's a sad fact that black people were not allowed in many places to even perfom during that time.

15. ^Yes, it was historically accurate. It doesn't make it okay ethically, it's just how the times were. Even women weren't allowed to vote yet, (which I find offensive as well) so they are trying to be accurate.