BNY says no more pictures

I wonder if they're trying to get more people to use their online website. If I can see a photo of the actual bag every time before I purchase I'll always go that route, but if it's taken away I'll shop other places.

Huh? Does BalNY have a website or do you mean www.balenciaga. com?

ItsMyWorld, I share your concern about variations in leather. I may be sorry I did this, but I talked to Kim directly about that concern and had her describe the leathers to me before I bought my twiggy. Clearly, that's nowhere near as good as seeing a picture, but I've seen a lot of the bags that Kim has picked out, and I trust her. Sure hope I'm not recanting this in a couple of days.:shame:

ItsMyWorld, I share your concern about variations in leather. I may be sorry I did this, but I talked to Kim directly about that concern and had her describe the leathers to me before I bought my twiggy. Clearly, that's nowhere near as good as seeing a picture, but I've seen a lot of the bags that Kim has picked out, and I trust her. Sure hope I'm not recanting this in a couple of days.:shame:

Please keep me updated on how she does! : )

That is absurd.

Buying a BBag is such a unique experience & everyone likes something different: matte or shiny, thick or thin, etc.

It's not like buying a Prada or LV or pretty much any other ready-to-wear bag that is going to be the same no matter where you buy it.

These SA's must not be "hungry" because I can tell you that I am on email lists of SA's at Nordstrom's & Saks (no Bal though) who almost daily email photos unsolicited of new stock with prices. And these are high qulaity - not cell phone - photo's. And these SA's give you their personal email addresses & cell phone #'s.

While the only place in Dallas that sells Bal is Barney's & I have a great SA there, I also have a favorite SA at a Saks & a Neiman's who even though they know what I personally like, I know I can always return to Saks or NM in Dallas for refund if I don't like a bag when I get it.

I have never purchased from BalNY or BalLA & even though they seem to be only place that is still selling Twiggy's (my new fave), I would never buy sight unseen or for store credit only.

Very poor policy & customer service.

The interesting thing about all this is that every time i have been in BalNY physically - and that is not a small number of times - that place is DEAD. And I mean DEAD. Maybe its the time of day, maybe its coincidence...but everytime i go in, there is me, plus maybe one or 2 other individuals MAX quietly perusing in the store. Plus one guard standing around and then 2 or 3 sales people. I can't imagine they are so busy that they could use that excuse as a reason not to email pictures to real customers who are buying over the phone. they are certainly not as busy as a gucci or LV boutique for instance. or for that matter ANY dept store.

The interesting thing about all this is that every time i have been in BalNY physically - and that is not a small number of times - that place is DEAD. And I mean DEAD. Maybe its the time of day, maybe its coincidence...but everytime i go in, there is me, plus maybe one or 2 other individuals MAX quietly perusing in the store. Plus one guard standing around and then 2 or 3 sales people. I can't imagine they are so busy that they could use that excuse as a reason not to email pictures to real customers who are buying over the phone. they are certainly not as busy as a gucci or LV boutique for instance. or for that matter ANY dept store.

I have been there 2 or 3 times and it was pretty dead when I was there too. But since I posted this thread, I haven't purchased one bag from them. I am going to NYC in Sept and I don't even know if I will go to the store. Such a long way to go just to spend 15 minutes in a store. I don't think I have ever felt so unwelcome in any store in my life.

I have been there 2 or 3 times and it was pretty dead when I was there too. But since I posted this thread, I haven't purchased one bag from them. I am going to NYC in Sept and I don't even know if I will go to the store. Such a long way to go just to spend 15 minutes in a store. I don't think I have ever felt so unwelcome in any store in my life.

it IS a pain to go there unless you want to pop into Pace Wildenstein or another gallery in that block while you are there. always a production. i really like kim and find her very very sweet and personable in person. bill can be nice too when he's around....but in general, i agree - its not exactly INVITING there, is it?!!

My twiggy arrived yesterday. The leather is okay and I would have to say that Kim got me the kind of leather I requested, but it's not as nice as the EB Day I just let go.

I have to admit I initially did not much like the bag since I am so used to small bags. I posted a message on the Bal thread, though, and you terrific ladies convinced me to be patient and see what I thought over 24 hours or so. I actually took off work early to mail it back to BalNY, but took everyone's advice. I have been carrying the bag around the house all afternoon (yeah, I know I'm nuts but at least my family is out so no one can see me), and I have to say that bag is totally growing on me. Whew.

I wanted to comment too about BalNY being dead. I called them this morning to tell Kim I'd be returning the bag. This was 11 am. The SA who answered told me she was with a client and would be done by around 3. That's FOUR hours with one client? So maybe they don't get much business but the ones that do walk in buy big?